The National Law Journal named DC-based Antitrust partner Laura Shores as one of its “Mergers & Acquisitions and Antitrust Trailblazers” for 2016. The NLJ’s Trailblazers list recognizes top practitioners who have “moved the needle in merges & acquisitions and antitrust law” and continually raised the bar to achieve favorable outcomes for their clients.
The NLJ highlighted Shores for her client-oriented commitment to navigating antitrust challenges, especially for her role in a landmark case brought by the Federal Trade Commission against Schering-Plough Corporation, which challenged its settlement of patent litigation with manufacturers of generic drugs. Shores prevailed after a two-month administrative hearing and described the win as the case “that launched [her] interest in this area.” The publication also noted Shores’ involvement in the Intel-AMD litigation, which she described as “an important case from the standpoint of the Sherman Act, Section 2 law involving the use of discounts to customers in a way that can make it impossible for a competitor to compete.”
“This is an exemplary list that catalogs the extraordinary accomplishments of innovative thinkers and leading practitioners,” The National Law Journal & Legal Times vice president and group publisher Kenneth A. Gary wrote in an introduction to the 2016 Trailblazers list.
This is the second year the NLJ has created the selective Trailblazer list for the M&A and antitrust practice area, and the second year in which a Kaye Scholer Antitrust partner has been named to it. Last year, Antitrust chair Saul Morgenstern was selected for the inaugural list.
Kaye Scholer’s nationally recognized Antitrust practice helps clients navigate the complex competition laws affecting business around the world. In 2015, LMG Life Sciences named the practice its “Antitrust Litigation Firm of the Year” and honored practitioners and their work with “Antitrust Litigator of the Year” and “Impact Case of the Year” awards.
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions