The recently released 2017 edition of the IFLR1000 ranks our practices and lawyers multiple times across four regions globally. In the US, IFLR1000 recognizes our capabilities in seven key practice areas: Banking, Capital Markets, Structured Finance & Securitization, M&A, Investment Funds: Private Equity Funds, Project Finance, and Restructuring and Insolvency. The publication also highlights as “Notable” our Banking practice in Frankfurt, our M&A practice in Shanghai, and our Financial Restructuring and Private Equity practices in London.
In addition to our practice rankings, Finance partners Gary Bernstein, Ed Gabbay and Sheryl Gittlitz were recognized as “Leading Lawyers” in Banking for the fifth year in a row, while Corporate partner Mel Cherney was recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in Private Equity and Investment Management for the third time and M&A for the first time. The recent edition also featured another new recognition: Finance partner Lawton Camp was named a “Recognized Lawyer in the US” for the first time.
The listing again highlighted partner Stephen Rutenberg as a “Rising Star” in Restructuring and Insolvency, Banking, Financial Services and Investment Management, and UK-based partner Andrew Harris was named as a “Leading Lawyer” in Private Equity for the second consecutive year.
Compiled by a team of journalists in New York, London and Hong Kong, IFLR1000 is an annual guide to the world's leading financial and corporate law firms. Rankings are based on the recommendations of in-house counsel at prominent financial institutions and companies, as well as the input of leading lawyers in various international markets.
Here are IFLR1000’s complete 2016 rankings for Kaye Scholer:
Capital Markets, Debt—Tier 4
Capital Markets, Equity—Tier 4
Capital Markets: Structured Finance & Securitization—Tier 4
Investment Funds: Private Equity Funds—Tier 3
Project Finance—Tier 3
Restructuring and Insolvency—Tier 4
Edmond Gabbay—Banking, Financial Services
Sheryl Gittlitz—Banking, Financial Services
Mel Cherney—Private Equity, M&A, Investment Management
United States Recognized
United States Rising Star
Stephen Rutenberg—Restructuring and Insolvency, Banking, Financial Services, Investment Management
M&A (Foreign)—“Notable” Firm
Banking, Financial and Corporate
Private Equity—“Notable” Firms
Financial Restructuring—“Notable” Firms
United Kingdom Leading Lawyer
Andrew Harris—Private Equity
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions