The recently released World Trademark Review 1000 2016—The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals recognized Kaye Scholer’s California office as well as three members of the firm’s Trademark, Copyright & False Advertising practice. This is the fourth consecutive year that the practice and select attorneys have been recognized.
Los Angeles partner and practice co-head Rhonda Trotter was noted as a “leading lady” whose experience is demonstrated by her long-standing representation of the recording artist Prince, as well as multiple internet companies such as Auction.com and Experian “lining up around the block to retain Trotter on their mandates.” Commentators in WTR 1000 describe her as “amazing,” “thoughtful, detail oriented and an incredible team leader.”
WTR 1000 also recognized practice co-head and New York partner Paul Llewellyn for being a “creative and careful thinker” who “anticipates unintended consequences and is not afraid to be frank with his client if he thinks it would be a mistake to pursue a course of action.” Commentators also said Llewellyn is also able to “maintain cordial relationships with opposing parties so that he can negotiate a settlement at the appropriate time.”
Additionally, WTR 1000 identified Washington, DC counsel John Rynkiewicz for his “creative and tactical legal mind, plus vast experience at the USPTO,” noting that he “always brings expertise, passion and persistence to matters and is generous in educating his clients about the nuances of office practice.”
WTR 1000 also singled out the firm’s California practice for its ability to leverage its litigation experience on behalf of its clients “to lay strong brand foundations in prosecution and transactional projects.”
Published by World Trademark Review, the WTR 1000 is the only standalone publication to recommend individual practitioners and their firms exclusively in the trademark field.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Succeeds on Behalf of Term Loan Lenders in Defeating Confirmation... October 31, 2016 • Client Successes