Two accolades recognize the firm’s strong US practices and attorneys
At its recent US awards ceremony in New York, Benchmark Litigation, the only publication to focus exclusively on litigation in the US, honored Kaye Scholer with two major awards recognizing the firm’s leading Antitrust and Product Liability practices.
Kaye Scholer received a total of five nominations for this year’s awards, which recognize key law firms and lawyers, as well as their innovative work in litigation. The firm’s two Benchmark Litigation distinctions include:
- Antitrust Practice Group of the Year: Benchmark Litigation honored Kaye Scholer with its “Antitrust Practice Group of the Year” award, recognizing the firm for its innovative and successful representation of leading pharmaceutical clients Pfizer Inc., Novartis Consumer Health and King Pharmaceuticals, among others, in noteworthy antitrust cases.
- Impact Case of the Year: Kaye Scholer received the “Impact Case of the Year” award for its successful ongoing representation of Pfizer in high-profile product liability cases and multidistrict litigation over its antidepressant Zoloft, including significant Daubert victories. In-house counsel at Pfizer, Connie Matteo, shared in this award in recognition of her role directing overall strategy, which has paved the way for Kaye Scholer working successfully with national counsel, Quinn Emanuel, and other Pfizer counsel, including Dechert and Wheeler Trigg.
Additionally, the firm was shortlisted in the Product Liability Practice Group of the Year category, and partners Arthur Brown and Saul Morgenstern were shortlisted for Product Liability Attorney of the Year and Antitrust Attorney of the Year, respectively.
Benchmark Litigation determines its winners through a comprehensive research process that closely examines recent casework by law firms and includes extensive interviews with litigators and their clients.
Kaye Scholer’s national, multidisciplinary Litigation Department stands above rival firms in a variety of industries, especially life sciences and financial services. With hundreds of litigators comprising its deep bench, Kaye Scholer has steadily built and long enjoyed a reputation as trial lawyers and strategic counsel in heavyweight commercial disputes and major product liability defense cases.
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes