Litigation partner Sheila Boston was recognized by The Network Journal (TNJ) as one of its “25 Influential Black Women in Business” for 2016, a distinction honoring women who have made an important contribution to their community and whose professional achievements have significantly impacted an industry or profession. A "TNJ25" honoree is typically is a business owner or a partner, president, CEO, board chair or other senior-management executive with significant decision-making authority in the corporate, nonprofit (including academia and medicine) or government sector.
TNJ is an award-winning, quarterly business magazine for African-American professionals, corporate executives and business owners. It provides news and observations to corporate executives and small-business owners on issues that affect the growth of business and the advancement of African-American professionals in the workplace.
Publisher and CEO of TNJ, Aziz Gueye Adetimirin, applauded the nominees, stating: “The women we honor in the 18th year of the awards span occupations, industries and expertise, and they share the same traits when it comes to their career and community service: passion, drive and focus. We salute them for achieving significant levels of success in their businesses and professional careers and for their myriad contributions to their community.”
In addition to her TNJ honor, Boston was recently named a “Change Agent for 2015” by The Council of Urban Professionals, highlighting her accomplishments as a diverse leader who has achieved extraordinary success in her career and has made a significant impact on her community. She has also been cited as one of the “Most Influential Black Lawyers of 2015” by Savoy Magazine and received the “Lawyers Who Lead By Example” 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award from the New York Law Journal, which recognized her commitment to providing pro bono legal services to those who are in need, as well as her extensive efforts to promote diversity in the legal profession.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes