Intellectual Property associate David Harris and Corporate associate Shay Soltani have been selected to participate in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s (LCLD) 2016 Pathfinders Program, a new program designed to train early-career attorneys in critical career development strategies, including programming on leadership and network development. The program provides intensive in-person training, online experiential learning and opportunities to network with peers and esteemed LCLD Fellows in small group gatherings.
According to LCLD President Robert J. Grey, Jr., the LCLD Pathfinders Program is believed to be “a program that can help catapult a person’s career forward.”
Soltani focuses her practice on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities matters such as compliance with SEC, NASDAQ and NYSE reporting requirements and general corporate governance matters. She is a member of the firm’s recruiting committee.
Harris’s practice includes patent litigation involving pharmaceutical generics and biotechnology. He makes regular contributions to Kaye Scholer’s Trademark, Copyright & False Advertising Newsletter and serves as a Website Editor to the ABA’s section of the Litigation Intellectual Property Committee. Recently, Harris was part of the firm’s pro bono team that collaborated with the New York Center for Law and Justice to obtain a guarantee of ASL interpreters on behalf of low-income deaf clients in the New York City homeless shelter system. He is also a member of the firms Diversity & Inclusion committee and co-chairs Kaye Scholer’s LGBT resource group.
Founded in 2009, LCLD is a growing organization of more than 240 corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners who are personally committed to creating a truly diverse legal profession. The LCLD Pathfinder Program was piloted in 2015 among a select number of LCLD Member law firms and corporations. It is an initiative that has filled a gap in LCLD programming, targeting junior associates and the youngest members of corporate law departments.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes