Intellectual Property associate David Harris and Corporate associate Shay Soltani have been selected to participate in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s (LCLD) 2016 Pathfinders Program, a new program designed to train early-career attorneys in critical career development strategies, including programming on leadership and network development. The program provides intensive in-person training, online experiential learning and opportunities to network with peers and esteemed LCLD Fellows in small group gatherings.
According to LCLD President Robert J. Grey, Jr., the LCLD Pathfinders Program is believed to be “a program that can help catapult a person’s career forward.”
Soltani focuses her practice on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities matters such as compliance with SEC, NASDAQ and NYSE reporting requirements and general corporate governance matters. She is a member of the firm’s recruiting committee.
Harris’s practice includes patent litigation involving pharmaceutical generics and biotechnology. He makes regular contributions to Kaye Scholer’s Trademark, Copyright & False Advertising Newsletter and serves as a Website Editor to the ABA’s section of the Litigation Intellectual Property Committee. Recently, Harris was part of the firm’s pro bono team that collaborated with the New York Center for Law and Justice to obtain a guarantee of ASL interpreters on behalf of low-income deaf clients in the New York City homeless shelter system. He is also a member of the firms Diversity & Inclusion committee and co-chairs Kaye Scholer’s LGBT resource group.
Founded in 2009, LCLD is a growing organization of more than 240 corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners who are personally committed to creating a truly diverse legal profession. The LCLD Pathfinder Program was piloted in 2015 among a select number of LCLD Member law firms and corporations. It is an initiative that has filled a gap in LCLD programming, targeting junior associates and the youngest members of corporate law departments.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles