Intellectual Property associate David Harris and Corporate associate Shay Soltani have been selected to participate in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s (LCLD) 2016 Pathfinders Program, a new program designed to train early-career attorneys in critical career development strategies, including programming on leadership and network development. The program provides intensive in-person training, online experiential learning and opportunities to network with peers and esteemed LCLD Fellows in small group gatherings.
According to LCLD President Robert J. Grey, Jr., the LCLD Pathfinders Program is believed to be “a program that can help catapult a person’s career forward.”
Soltani focuses her practice on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities matters such as compliance with SEC, NASDAQ and NYSE reporting requirements and general corporate governance matters. She is a member of the firm’s recruiting committee.
Harris’s practice includes patent litigation involving pharmaceutical generics and biotechnology. He makes regular contributions to Kaye Scholer’s Trademark, Copyright & False Advertising Newsletter and serves as a Website Editor to the ABA’s section of the Litigation Intellectual Property Committee. Recently, Harris was part of the firm’s pro bono team that collaborated with the New York Center for Law and Justice to obtain a guarantee of ASL interpreters on behalf of low-income deaf clients in the New York City homeless shelter system. He is also a member of the firms Diversity & Inclusion committee and co-chairs Kaye Scholer’s LGBT resource group.
Founded in 2009, LCLD is a growing organization of more than 240 corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners who are personally committed to creating a truly diverse legal profession. The LCLD Pathfinder Program was piloted in 2015 among a select number of LCLD Member law firms and corporations. It is an initiative that has filled a gap in LCLD programming, targeting junior associates and the youngest members of corporate law departments.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes