Three Kaye Scholer lawyers have recently contributed to scholarly texts aimed not at other lawyers, but rather to help educate scientists and business executives understand the underlying legal issues that impact their particular sectors.
Product Liability Partner Jay Mayesh and Counsel Angela Vicari (New York) co-authored the legal chapter in the recently published Biomaterials Science, Third Edition: An Introduction to Materials in Medicine. Winner of a 2013 Texty Award from the Text and Academic Authors Association, this textbook is an ideal resource for students, investigators and educators in biomedical engineering sciences and medicine. Jay also co-authored a chapter on the legal aspects of biomaterials for the second edition of the book, published in 2004. The chapter offers basic explanations of the different theories of liability, followed by several case studies that describe important instances of mass tort products liability litigation involving implantable medical devices, including breast implants, IUD and hip/knee replacements. Obstacles that can be faced in the courtroom, particularly those posed by science, are also discussed.
Investment Funds Counsel Thomas Jesch (Frankfurt) is the co-editor of AIFM-Richtlinie, a commentary on the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and the respective German Draft Implementation Act published by C.H. Beck. The 1,500 page volume provides an in-depth analysis of the new regulatory rules applicable to German managers of, e.g., real estate funds, private equity funds and hedge funds.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions