Three Kaye Scholer lawyers have recently contributed to scholarly texts aimed not at other lawyers, but rather to help educate scientists and business executives understand the underlying legal issues that impact their particular sectors.
Product Liability Partner Jay Mayesh and Counsel Angela Vicari (New York) co-authored the legal chapter in the recently published Biomaterials Science, Third Edition: An Introduction to Materials in Medicine. Winner of a 2013 Texty Award from the Text and Academic Authors Association, this textbook is an ideal resource for students, investigators and educators in biomedical engineering sciences and medicine. Jay also co-authored a chapter on the legal aspects of biomaterials for the second edition of the book, published in 2004. The chapter offers basic explanations of the different theories of liability, followed by several case studies that describe important instances of mass tort products liability litigation involving implantable medical devices, including breast implants, IUD and hip/knee replacements. Obstacles that can be faced in the courtroom, particularly those posed by science, are also discussed.
Investment Funds Counsel Thomas Jesch (Frankfurt) is the co-editor of AIFM-Richtlinie, a commentary on the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and the respective German Draft Implementation Act published by C.H. Beck. The 1,500 page volume provides an in-depth analysis of the new regulatory rules applicable to German managers of, e.g., real estate funds, private equity funds and hedge funds.
Also of Interest
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents Lonza in Acquisition of InterHealth Nutraceuticals August 16, 2016 • Client Successes
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- 3D Printing: New Life Sciences Technology and Old Product Liability Claims August 1, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Pfizer in Acquisition of Bamboo Therapeutics August 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Juries Rebuff Prosecutors in Recent Trials of Health Care Executives July 29, 2016 • Client Alerts