Frankfurt-based counsel Hartmut T. Renz published “ESMA Opinion on Structured Retail Products – Good Practices for Product Governance Arrangements“ in Journal of Investment Compliance No. 4/2014 in collaboration with Kaye Scholer colleagues Ingrid Kalisch, Stuart Axord and George Williams Jr.
The article explains supervisory practices of European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) and their recommendations for the distribution and manufacturing of structured retail products. Payment instruments are discussed in relation to so-called target markets and product governance requirements, the definitions of which are currently heavily debated in MIFID 2 discussions. The article explains the bridge presented by ESMA, connecting supervisory practice as part of MiFID 1 with the ongoing discussions concerning implementation of MiFID2 requirements.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions