Frankfurt-based counsel Hartmut T. Renz published “ESMA Opinion on Structured Retail Products – Good Practices for Product Governance Arrangements“ in Journal of Investment Compliance No. 4/2014 in collaboration with Kaye Scholer colleagues Ingrid Kalisch, Stuart Axord and George Williams Jr.
The article explains supervisory practices of European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) and their recommendations for the distribution and manufacturing of structured retail products. Payment instruments are discussed in relation to so-called target markets and product governance requirements, the definitions of which are currently heavily debated in MIFID 2 discussions. The article explains the bridge presented by ESMA, connecting supervisory practice as part of MiFID 1 with the ongoing discussions concerning implementation of MiFID2 requirements.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Airfinance Journal Names Kaye Scholer as a Top Firm August 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles