Real Estate counsel Lance Levine has published “A Lender’s Guide to Funding Projects with Historic Tax Credits” in the Autumn issue of CRE Finance World, the biannual publication of CRE Finance Council.
The primer provides lenders with an introductory understanding of Historic Tax Credits (HTC), a lucrative but complex program for developers and tax investors since its 1976 inception, which is now returning to favor after the 2008 financial crisis.
Lance notes that new set of IRS guidelines applicable to HTC projects issued at the beginning of 2014 has set the groundwork for such projects to flourish again. “The lender that understands the intricacies of HTCs will have a clear advantage in an arena that promises attractive opportunities in the coming years,” he writes in the introduction.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Related Fund Management on Williamsburg Portfolio Purchase July 19, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises AWH Partners on Acquisition of Seattle Airport Marriott July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Brexit—What We Know June 29, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Hotel Sector Trends in 2016 and Beyond: Value and Risk Drivers June 24, 2016 • Articles
- Ten Kaye Scholer Practices Recognized, 29 Individuals Cited in Legal 500 US 2016 June 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions