Real Estate counsel Lance Levine has published “A Lender’s Guide to Funding Projects with Historic Tax Credits” in the Autumn issue of CRE Finance World, the biannual publication of CRE Finance Council.
The primer provides lenders with an introductory understanding of Historic Tax Credits (HTC), a lucrative but complex program for developers and tax investors since its 1976 inception, which is now returning to favor after the 2008 financial crisis.
Lance notes that new set of IRS guidelines applicable to HTC projects issued at the beginning of 2014 has set the groundwork for such projects to flourish again. “The lender that understands the intricacies of HTCs will have a clear advantage in an arena that promises attractive opportunities in the coming years,” he writes in the introduction.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Related Fund Management on Williamsburg Portfolio Purchase July 19, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises AWH Partners on Acquisition of Seattle Airport Marriott July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Brexit—What We Know June 29, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Hotel Sector Trends in 2016 and Beyond: Value and Risk Drivers June 24, 2016 • Articles