Frankfurt-based partner Sebastian Jungermann, head of Kaye Scholer’s German Competition and Antitrust practice, and associate Jens Steger published an article in the prominent law magazine Deutscher AnwaltSpiegel. The article focuses on privacy laws, particularly the EU Safe-Harbor Judgement from October 2015 and recent developments.
Jungermann and Steger discuss what the European Commission and national Data Protection Authorities may do, and what companies should do to stay in compliance with European Data Protection and Privacy requirements either when transferring data to the United States or when processing data in Germany or in the EU via the cloud.
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes