PLI published the eighth edition of Kaye Scholer’s well-received and highly referenced Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law treatise. Intellectual Property partners David Barr and Daniel Reisner serve as co-authors and co-editors for this edition.
The treatise was considered a “home run” when first published in 2008 and is still viewed as “a great addition to the library of any legal or business practitioner in the field, as well as for any government office…”
The eighth edition features:
- how to craft problem-free patent applications, including how to partner with the government to bring patented inventions quickly to the marketplace;
- invalidate competitors’ patents by proving that they fail to meet key requirements;
- protect against various forms of patent infringement; and
- successfully rebut charges that your clients are infringers.
The guide also includes detailed checklists that help resolve thorny patent problems in the complex pharmaceutical and biotech fields and is regularly updated to reflect Federal Circuit rulings and other significant court decisions.
“With over 25 years’ experience, it’s no surprise [Kaye Scholer] hit such a home run,” Washington University law professor F. Scott Kieff, wrote about the first edition in the New York Law Journal. “The book is clear, easy to read, thorough, thoughtful, and practical . . . and represents a team effort by the members of one of the leading patent litigation groups in the field of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and medical devices.”
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Daily Journal Names Malecek Among the “Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators” August 17, 2016 • Recognitions