On October 17, 2008, the National Development and Reform Commission, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, and the Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People's Republic of China jointly released the Catalogue (the Fourth Batch) of Products with Energy Efficiency Labels (the "Catalogue") and relevant implementation rules. Effective on March 1, 2009, as required under the Catalogue, six types of products, including, but not limited to, computer monitors and copy machines, (the "Products"), manufactured or sold in, or imported into China, must be labeled to indicate their levels of energy efficiency. In addition, any Product that fails to meet required energy efficiency levels must not be manufactured, sold in, or imported into China. Regarding the labeling requirement, products manufactured before December 31, 2008 may be sold without the required label for the grace period ending on March 1, 2010. Enterprises engaged in the import, manufacturing or sale of the Products should make arrangements to ensure compliance with these new requirements.
Copyright ©2009 by Kaye Scholer LLP. All Rights Reserved. This publication is intended as a general guide only. It does not contain a general legal analysis or constitute an opinion of Kaye Scholer LLP or any member of the firm on the legal issues described. It is recommended that readers not rely on this general guide but that professional advice be sought in connection with individual matters. References herein to "Kaye Scholer LLP & Affiliates," "Kaye Scholer," "Kaye Scholer LLP," "the firm" and terms of similar import refer to Kaye Scholer LLP and its affiliates operating in various jurisdictions.
Also of Interest
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2016 March 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Q&A with Alice Young: Diversity Experiences and Achieving Success in the Legal Profession April 6, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer’s Shanghai Corporate Team Recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 2014年11月5日 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities Recognized in IFLR1000 2015 October 27, 2014 • Recognitions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- How Chinese Companies Can Successfully Invest in the United States June 30, 2014 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Spring 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Recognized in Six Practice Areas Worldwide in Chambers Global 2014 March 13, 2014 • Recognitions
- Shanghai Corporate Department Recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 February 18, 2014 • Recognitions