State Council to Abolish the Tentative Regulations on Urban Real Estate Tax and Foreign-Invested Enterprises, Foreign Enterprises/Organizations and Foreign Individuals
On December 31, 2008, the State Council released Decree No. 546 ordering the abolishment of the Tentative Regulations on Urban Real Estate Tax promulgated in 1951 (the "Abolished Urban Real Estate Tax Regulation"). Foreign-invested enterprises, foreign enterprises/organizations, and foreign individuals that had been regulated by the Abolished Urban Real Tax Regulation shall now comply with the Tentative Regulations on Real Estate Tax of the PRC, pursuant to which the real estate tax rate shall be 1.2% of the original value of the real estate minus 10% to 30% of the original value of the real estate (to be determined according to local ordinances), if the real estate is not rented. If real estate is rented, the real estate tax rate shall be 12% of the rental income. The regulations in effect unify the previously separate foreign and domestic real estate tax system.
Copyright ©2009 by Kaye Scholer LLP. All Rights Reserved. This publication is intended as a general guide only. It does not contain a general legal analysis or constitute an opinion of Kaye Scholer LLP or any member of the firm on the legal issues described. It is recommended that readers not rely on this general guide but that professional advice be sought in connection with individual matters. References herein to "Kaye Scholer LLP & Affiliates," "Kaye Scholer," "Kaye Scholer LLP," "the firm" and terms of similar import refer to Kaye Scholer LLP and its affiliates operating in various jurisdictions.
Also of Interest
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2016 March 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Q&A with Alice Young: Diversity Experiences and Achieving Success in the Legal Profession April 6, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer’s Shanghai Corporate Team Recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 2014年11月5日 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities Recognized in IFLR1000 2015 October 27, 2014 • Recognitions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- How Chinese Companies Can Successfully Invest in the United States June 30, 2014 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Spring 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Recognized in Six Practice Areas Worldwide in Chambers Global 2014 March 13, 2014 • Recognitions
- Shanghai Corporate Department Recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 February 18, 2014 • Recognitions