On January 20, 2009, the State Administration of Taxation promulgated the Tentative Measures for the Administration of Taxation on Non-Resident Project Contracting and Labor Service (the "Measures"), effective March 1, 2009. The Measures apply to non-resident enterprises and individuals undertaking contracted projects and providing labor services in China. The Measures mainly focus on administrative issues regarding tax registration and declaration obligations of the non-resident enterprises and individuals, and collection and tracking management responsibilities of tax authorities. According to the Measures, non-resident enterprises engaging in contracted projects or providing labor services should go through tax registration procedures with competent tax authorities within 30 days after the signing of relevant agreements. In addition, the Measures specify the procedural and documentation requirements for tax declaration by non-resident enterprises, individuals and management, and supervision of collection of enterprise income tax, business tax and value-added tax.
Copyright ©2009 by Kaye Scholer LLP. All Rights Reserved. This publication is intended as a general guide only. It does not contain a general legal analysis or constitute an opinion of Kaye Scholer LLP or any member of the firm on the legal issues described. It is recommended that readers not rely on this general guide but that professional advice be sought in connection with individual matters. References herein to "Kaye Scholer LLP & Affiliates," "Kaye Scholer," "Kaye Scholer LLP," "the firm" and terms of similar import refer to Kaye Scholer LLP and its affiliates operating in various jurisdictions.
Also of Interest
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2016 March 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Q&A with Alice Young: Diversity Experiences and Achieving Success in the Legal Profession April 6, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer’s Shanghai Corporate Team Recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 2014年11月5日 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities Recognized in IFLR1000 2015 October 27, 2014 • Recognitions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- How Chinese Companies Can Successfully Invest in the United States June 30, 2014 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Spring 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Recognized in Six Practice Areas Worldwide in Chambers Global 2014 March 13, 2014 • Recognitions
- Shanghai Corporate Department Recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 February 18, 2014 • Recognitions