On February 1, 2009, China's Ministry of Commerce released the new Administrative Measures for Registration of Technology Import and Export Contract (the "Measures"), effective 30 days after its release date. The Measures amended the previous Measures for Registration of Technology Import and Export Contract (the "Old Measures") released at the end of 2001. Compared with the Old Measures, the Measures provide a more specific timeline and procedures for the registration of a technology import and export contract. According to the Measures, operators of technology imports and exports must file the contract registration application within 60 days of the effective date of such contracts, with the exception of contracts where the payment is made by commission fee. In this case, the registration application must be filed within 60 days of the first commission becoming due.
Also on February 1, 2009, China's Ministry of Commerce released the Amended Measures on Management of Technologies Prohibited or Restricted from Import (the "Prohibited Measures"), effective 30 days after its release. The Prohibited Measures specify the authorities responsible for the examination and approval of the import of prohibited and restricted technologies, add more standards for such examination and approval, and clarify the valid term of such approval.
Copyright ©2009 by Kaye Scholer LLP. All Rights Reserved. This publication is intended as a general guide only. It does not contain a general legal analysis or constitute an opinion of Kaye Scholer LLP or any member of the firm on the legal issues described. It is recommended that readers not rely on this general guide but that professional advice be sought in connection with individual matters. References herein to "Kaye Scholer LLP & Affiliates," "Kaye Scholer," "Kaye Scholer LLP," "the firm" and terms of similar import refer to Kaye Scholer LLP and its affiliates operating in various jurisdictions.
Also of Interest
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2016 March 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Q&A with Alice Young: Diversity Experiences and Achieving Success in the Legal Profession April 6, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer’s Shanghai Corporate Team Recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 2014年11月5日 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities Recognized in IFLR1000 2015 October 27, 2014 • Recognitions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- How Chinese Companies Can Successfully Invest in the United States June 30, 2014 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Spring 2014 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Recognized in Six Practice Areas Worldwide in Chambers Global 2014 March 13, 2014 • Recognitions
- Shanghai Corporate Department Recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 February 18, 2014 • Recognitions