Onshore Perspectives for Private Equity and Hedge Fund Managers — Carried Interest and Income Taxation in the US, the UK and Germany 2011
Summary: Investment funds, especially private equity and hedge funds, have come under scrutiny not only for their role in the financial and credit-market crisis, but also in respect of the tax treatment of the “carried interest” earned by managers of such funds, which is perceived by many as unduly (tax-) advantaged. At the heart of the tax debate lies the question whether such a carried interest should be taxed as capital gain (as is presently the case in the US and the UK), on the basis that it represents an investment return, or whether, as ordinary, compensation, income earned for services.
The attached brochure, “Onshore Perspectives for Private Equity and Hedge Fund Managers — Carried Interest and Income Taxation in the US, the UK and Germany 2011” summarizes and compares the current tax treatment of investment managers’ income (including but not limited to the carried interest) in the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes