ESMA Issues Draft Technical Advice on Implementing Measures for the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (“AIFMD”)
On 13 July 2011, following a request for assistance from the European Commission (“Commission”) on the content of the implementing measures for the AIFMD (which must be implemented by Member States of the European Union by 22 July 2013), the European Securities and Markets Authority (“ESMA”) issued a consultation paper setting out ESMA’s proposals in this area. Responses to the 72 questions raised by ESMA are required by 13 September 2011.
The attached Client Alert reviews ESMA’s draft advice, which covers the following:
- General provisions, authorisation and operating conditions;
- Depositary aspects; and
- Leverage and transparency requirements.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Proposed Regulations May Disrupt Intercompany Debt Practices May 12, 2016 • Client Alerts