ESMA Issues Draft Technical Advice on Implementing Measures for the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (“AIFMD”)
On 13 July 2011, following a request for assistance from the European Commission (“Commission”) on the content of the implementing measures for the AIFMD (which must be implemented by Member States of the European Union by 22 July 2013), the European Securities and Markets Authority (“ESMA”) issued a consultation paper setting out ESMA’s proposals in this area. Responses to the 72 questions raised by ESMA are required by 13 September 2011.
The attached Client Alert reviews ESMA’s draft advice, which covers the following:
- General provisions, authorisation and operating conditions;
- Depositary aspects; and
- Leverage and transparency requirements.
Also of Interest
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions
- Tax Alert: Proposed Regulations May Disrupt Intercompany Debt Practices May 12, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Funds Liable for ERISA Liabilities of Portfolio Companies: The Latest Sun Capital Decision April 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers Global 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer Lawyers March 2016 • Recognitions
- Distressed Coal—Will the Cycle Ever Turn? February 11, 2016 • Client Alerts
- ILPA Releases New Private Equity Fee Reporting Guidelines; Presses for Additional Fund Transparency February 1, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers UK 2017 Recognizes Firth and Axford January 28, 2016 • Recognitions