New Opportunity for Foreign Asset Managers to Tap RMB Investors’ Appetite for International Capital Markets?
Summary: The Shanghai government is reportedly taking an initiative, called “Qualified Domestic Limited Partner” (QDLP), to allow foreign asset managers to set up wholly owned subsidiaries in China to raise RMB funds through private placement for investment in international capital markets. Despite the uncertainty of the fate of this QDLP program in the absence of approval by central-level authorities, the general trend of allowing funds raised in China to be invested in international capital markets, perhaps under foreign asset managers’ sole management, is unlikely to change.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles