While multidistrict litigation (MDL) can efficiently handle multiple filings, it can also potentially trigger new ones. To help companies understand this important case management tool and how to master it, Kaye Scholer has prepared MDL and Its Impact on Your Company.
This timely report can help companies and their counsel successfully navigate an MDL. It discusses the MDL process, factors the Joint Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) considers during its bimonthly meetings for potential case consolidation, forum selection criteria, and emerging trends.
Counsel Alan Rothman, coordinating attorney for Kaye Scholer’s nationally recognized Product Liability Group, authored the articles in this report, many of which were originally published in Law360 as part of his popular bimonthly “And Now a Word from the Panel. . . “ column.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Succeeds on Behalf of Term Loan Lenders in Defeating Confirmation... October 31, 2016 • Client Successes