As plaintiffs increasingly hire “expert” witnesses who advocate rather than present the fact-finder specialized knowledge or expertise, knowing how and when to identify, discredit or outright exclude questionable expert testimony is more valuable than ever.
This report explores key legal techniques for evaluating expert witnesses and the credibility of their testimony, as well as useful tools for defendants to challenge such testimony. Topics include:
- Maximizing the MDL Daubert Process;
- Excluding Expert Opinion Impugning Corporate Ethics, Motive and State of Mind;
- Deconstructing Plaintiffs’ Peer-Reviewed Scientific Literature;
- Excluding or Limiting FDA Regulatory Expert Opinion; and
- Taking a Science Expert Deposition to Set Up a Daubert Motion
The authors of these timely articles, members of Kaye Scholer’s nationally recognized Product Liability Litigation team, have been involved in many of the leading cases discussed throughout this report, and draw from their extensive experience as trial and national counsel across many types of product liability cases and consultations, including MDL proceedings.
Recognized in the top-tier of every legal publication and named by Law360 as a “Product Liability Group of the Year,” Kaye Scholer knows how to present at trial complex scientific testimony in a manner understandable to judges and jurors, devise sophisticated defenses, advise on the defensibility of specific claims and assess claims demands.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Yates a 2016 Litigation Trailblazer December 6, 2016 • Recognitions
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- Lattanzio Receives NYSBA Pro Bono Award November 3, 2016 • Recognitions