Kaye Scholer counsels major American, Asian, European and Latin American companies, financial institutions and individuals in their businesses throughout Asia.Combining the resources of both a US- and China-based practice, we represent clients investing inbound and outbound. Our practice group includes lawyers who understand the workings of the business climate in Asia and who are able to negotiate and facilitate business transactions in the People's Republic of China, as well as in Taiwan, the Philippines, Japan, Korea and Singapore. It is structured to provide clients with 24-hour access to a team of lawyers based on three continents.
One component of our Asia Pacific Practice is the international capital markets arena. We represent issuers and underwriters in international equity and debt offerings by Asian companies and have actively advised Asia-based companies regarding ongoing compliance with US securities laws. We also represent clients in international private equity transactions involving the sale and purchase of equity stakes in Asia-based companies. We have represented strategic and trade investors and financial investors both as purchaser's and as seller's counsel. The investment projects on which we have advised clients cover a broad spectrum of manufacturing and service industries and range across a wide geographic area. Kaye Scholer's work has included ongoing financings such as recapitalizations, refinancings and dispositions of ownership interests in the form of trade sales, proposed initial public offerings or management buyouts.
Additionally, Kaye Scholer attorneys represent Asian firms in international trade proceedings in the US before US agencies and courts. Our attorneys have more than a decade of experience representing Chinese clients and/or their US importers, for example, in antidumping cases affecting a broad variety of industries. We are skilled in all aspects of these often complicated antidumping proceedings, which require an in-depth knowledge of US Commerce Department rules and sophisticated analyses using surrogate country data.
We are also involved in representing US clients doing business in Asia. Our work involves structuring and negotiating their investments, identifying potential joint venture partners, protecting their intellectual property, conducting due diligence and ensuring that their investments comply with US laws.
In the Market
- Q&A with Alice Young: Diversity Experiences and Achieving Success in the Legal Profession April 6, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer’s Shanghai Corporate Team Recommended in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 2014年11月5日 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities Recognized in IFLR1000 2015 2014年10月27日 • Recognitions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2014 • Newsletter
- How Chinese Companies Can Successfully Invest in the United States June 30 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Spring 2014 • Newsletter
- Farhad Jalinous, Yingxi Fu-Tomlinson and Brandt Pasco Speak on CFIUS and Export Control at Beijing and Shanghai Seminars April 15 & 17, 2014 • Speaking Engagements
- Kaye Scholer Recognized in Six Practice Areas Worldwide in Chambers Global 2014 March 13 • Recognitions
- Shanghai Corporate Department Recognized by Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 February 18 • Recognitions