Kaye Scholer has a diversified securities transactions practice representing issuers, underwriters, placement agents and purchasers in public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities for issuers, including initial public offerings, shelf offerings, traditional and Rule 144A private placements, exchange offers, cross-border securities offerings, and offerings in conjunction with acquisitions.
We represent both domestic and foreign issuers, and have developed particular skill with respect to cross-border offerings that involve Canadian issuers. Consistent with the firm's multidisciplinary approach to the practice of law, our corporate securities partners often work with our securitization and real estate partners to develop new products and opportunities for clients and to structure innovative securities offerings.
We regularly represent domestic and foreign public companies, their boards of directors and related committees and others with respect to issues relating to corporate governance, reporting and disclosure obligations and compliance matters arising under state and federal laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley. For many of our clients that are subject to public reporting requirements, we review their periodic reports and otherwise actively assist them in complying with their ongoing obligations.
In the Market
- Best Lawyers UK 2017 Recognizes Firth and Axford January 28 • Recognitions
- Mulitz, Hartnett, Schneider Participate in Panel at Airline Economics Growth Frontiers Conference January 17-20, 2016 • Speaking Engagements
- Kaye Scholer Advises on National Bank of Canada’s $1.35 Billion Notes Offering December 14 • Client Successes
- Changing Winds: The First Department Jurisprudence on Securities Fraud Fall/Winter 2015 • Articles
- FinTech Alert: Securities and Exchange Commission Approves Crowdfunding Rules November 5 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Earns 73 Practice Rankings in U.S. News-Best Lawyers’ 2016 Survey November 4 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s London Partners October 28, 2015 • Recognitions
- Moriarty to Sit on Two Panels at BNY Mellon’s 2015 ETF Symposium October 20 - 22, 2015 • Speaking Engagements
- IFLR1000 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities October 9, 2015 • Recognitions