Since the 1966 amendments to Rule 23, which governs class action suits in federal court, the class action device has posed a major threat to corporate America.
Kaye Scholer has been the forefront of litigating some of the most significant, complex class actions throughout the country. As a result, many of the firm's litigators have particular experience in defending against class certification across a broad spectrum of substantive areas, including antitrust, consumer fraud and trade practices, employment discrimination, product liability and securities cases. At the same time, because class actions often provide a desirable vehicle for the global resolution of disputes, our experience in this area includes the frequently complex art of settling lawsuits on a classwide basis.
In the Market
- Kaye Scholer Secures Victory for Avon in Consumer Class Action Case October 5, 2015 • Client Successes
- Law360 Quotes William Hoffman on Lilly's Recent Cymbalta Trial Successes September 2, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers 2016 Recognizes 45 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 17, 2015 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Helps Secure Settlement in Indian Worker Labor Trafficking Case July 21, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Obtains Motion to Dismiss for Longtime Client Spirit AeroSystems May 26, 2015 • Client Successes
- MDL and Its Impact on Your Company May 2015 • Reports / Newsletters
- Eric Whitney Joins Kaye Scholer Litigation Practice as Partner May 6, 2015 • Firm News
- Kaye Scholer Secures Agreement to Settle Celestica
Securities Suit April 23, 2015 • Client Successes
- "Details, Details" October 9 • Articles