"The firm demonstrates extremely deep and astute understanding of corporate compliance law, which the attorney is able to effectively apply and readily convey."—U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2013 (SF Region: Corporate Compliance Law, Tier 1). This comment appears on the U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” website at bestlawfirms.usnews.com.
The firm's corporate practice includes representation of boards of directors, their committees and others with respect to issues relating to corporate governance, business judgment, disclosure obligations and compliance matters arising under state and federal laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley. Also, in conjunction with other departments in the firm, the lawyers in the corporate practice advise clients, including boards of directors and their committees, in the conduct of special internal investigations. These matters involve both civil and criminal issues, and include insider trading and regulatory compliance issues. We also represent clients in connection with investigations and other proceedings before governmental agencies and self-regulatory organizations.
In the Market
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Silicon Valley Office Named a “Go-To” Advisor for Boards of Directors May 9, 2016 • Recognitions
- Simon Firth Shortlisted for Thomson Reuters’ Annual Compliance Awards September 29, 2015 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2016 Recognizes 45 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 17, 2015 • Recognitions
- Eric Whitney Joins Kaye Scholer Litigation Practice as Partner May 6, 2015 • Firm News
- Frankle Named as an Inaugural ACGC Fellow April 22, 2015 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Agreement to Settle Celestica Securities Suit April 23, 2015 • Client Successes