"The firm demonstrates extremely deep and astute understanding of corporate compliance law, which the attorney is able to effectively apply and readily convey."—U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2013 (SF Region: Corporate Compliance Law, Tier 1). This comment appears on the U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” website at bestlawfirms.usnews.com.
The firm's corporate practice includes representation of boards of directors, their committees and others with respect to issues relating to corporate governance, business judgment, disclosure obligations and compliance matters arising under state and federal laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley. Also, in conjunction with other departments in the firm, the lawyers in the corporate practice advise clients, including boards of directors and their committees, in the conduct of special internal investigations. These matters involve both civil and criminal issues, and include insider trading and regulatory compliance issues. We also represent clients in connection with investigations and other proceedings before governmental agencies and self-regulatory organizations.
In the Market
- Corporate Alert: SEC Issues Guidance on Shareholder Proposal Exclusions October 27 • Client Alerts
- Was bedeutet das Safe Harbor-Urteil des EuGH für die Privatwirtschaft? Hat es Auswirkungen auf FATCA? 23. Oktober 2015 • Reports / Newsletters
- Simon Firth Shortlisted for Thomson Reuters’ Annual Compliance Awards September 29, 2015 • Recognitions
- Third Point Settles with the FTC over Improper Reliance upon the “Investment-Only” Exemption September 2 • Client Alerts
- Rules of the Road for Directors Serving Two Masters August 31, 2015 • Articles
- Fraud Renders Dole Special Committee Work Useless; Subjects Controller and Officer to Damages August 31 • Client Alerts
- Conducting Internal Investigations in Europe August 27, 2015 • Media Mentions
- Delaware Chancery Court Holds Appraisal Rights Are Lost When Shares Are Transferred From DTC to Custodial Banks’ Nominees August 21 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Summer 2015 August 20 • Reports / Newsletters