"The firm demonstrates extremely deep and astute understanding of corporate compliance law, which the attorney is able to effectively apply and readily convey."—U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2013 (SF Region: Corporate Compliance Law, Tier 1). This comment appears on the U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” website at bestlawfirms.usnews.com.
The firm's corporate practice includes representation of boards of directors, their committees and others with respect to issues relating to corporate governance, business judgment, disclosure obligations and compliance matters arising under state and federal laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley. Also, in conjunction with other departments in the firm, the lawyers in the corporate practice advise clients, including boards of directors and their committees, in the conduct of special internal investigations. These matters involve both civil and criminal issues, and include insider trading and regulatory compliance issues. We also represent clients in connection with investigations and other proceedings before governmental agencies and self-regulatory organizations.
In the Market
- Evan L. Greebel and Kathleen H. Moriarty Join Kaye Scholer’s Corporate Practice as Partners June 30, 2015 • Firm News
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2015 Spring 2015 • Newsletter
- Compliance Alert: ESAs: Joint Committee Report on Risk and Vulnerabilities May 27, 2015 • Client Alerts
- Eric Whitney Joins Kaye Scholer Litigation Practice as Partner May 6, 2015 • Firm News
- Corporate Alert: Subsidiary Boards Beware: Del. Chancery Court Finds an MLP General Partner Guilty of Breach of Partnership Agreement in Dropdown Transaction May 4 • Client Alerts
- Frankle Named as an Inaugural ACGC Fellow April 22, 2015 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Agreement to Settle Celestica
Securities Suit April 23, 2015 • Client Successes
- Corporate Alert: Commerce Department Requires US Companies to Submit Filings Regarding Certain Foreign Affiliates April 10, 2015 • Client Alerts
- Renz Discusses Traits Needed to Be a Successful Compliance Officer March 23–24, 2015 • Speaking Engagements