"The firm demonstrates extremely deep and astute understanding of corporate compliance law, which the attorney is able to effectively apply and readily convey."—U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2013 (SF Region: Corporate Compliance Law, Tier 1). This comment appears on the U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” website at bestlawfirms.usnews.com.
The firm's corporate practice includes representation of boards of directors, their committees and others with respect to issues relating to corporate governance, business judgment, disclosure obligations and compliance matters arising under state and federal laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley. Also, in conjunction with other departments in the firm, the lawyers in the corporate practice advise clients, including boards of directors and their committees, in the conduct of special internal investigations. These matters involve both civil and criminal issues, and include insider trading and regulatory compliance issues. We also represent clients in connection with investigations and other proceedings before governmental agencies and self-regulatory organizations.
In the Market
- Silicon Valley Office Named a “Go-To” Advisor for Boards of Directors May 9, 2016 • Recognitions
- Simon Firth Shortlisted for Thomson Reuters’ Annual Compliance Awards September 29, 2015 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2016 Recognizes 45 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 17, 2015 • Recognitions
- Eric Whitney Joins Kaye Scholer Litigation Practice as Partner May 6, 2015 • Firm News
- Frankle Named as an Inaugural ACGC Fellow April 22, 2015 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Secures Agreement to Settle Celestica Securities Suit April 23, 2015 • Client Successes
- Diane Holt Frankle Discusses “Living with the Activists” January 2015 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Earns 75 Practice Rankings in U.S. News-Best Lawyers’ “Best Law Firms” 2015 November 3, 2014 • Recognitions
- Forty-five Kaye Scholer Lawyers Recognized by Their Peers in Best Lawyers 2015 August 18, 2014 • Recognitions