"The firm demonstrates extremely deep and astute understanding of corporate compliance law, which the attorney is able to effectively apply and readily convey."—U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2013 (SF Region: Corporate Compliance Law, Tier 1). This comment appears on the U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” website at bestlawfirms.usnews.com.
The firm's corporate practice includes representation of boards of directors, their committees and others with respect to issues relating to corporate governance, business judgment, disclosure obligations and compliance matters arising under state and federal laws, including Sarbanes-Oxley. Also, in conjunction with other departments in the firm, the lawyers in the corporate practice advise clients, including boards of directors and their committees, in the conduct of special internal investigations. These matters involve both civil and criminal issues, and include insider trading and regulatory compliance issues. We also represent clients in connection with investigations and other proceedings before governmental agencies and self-regulatory organizations.
In the Market
- Conducting Internal Investigations in Europe August 27, 2015 • Media Mentions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Summer 2015 August 20 • Reports / Newsletters
- Best Lawyers 2016 Recognizes 45 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 17, 2015 • Recognitions
- Corporate Alert: Corp Fin Issues CDIs Concerning “General Solicitation” Under Regulation D August 11 • Client Alerts
- Corporate Alert: SEC Issues Dodd-Frank Compensation Clawback Proposal July 7 • Client Alerts
- Evan L. Greebel and Kathleen H. Moriarty Join Kaye Scholer’s Corporate Practice as Partners June 30, 2015 • Firm News
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2015 Spring 2015 • Reports / Newsletters
- Compliance Alert: ESAs: Joint Committee Report on Risk and Vulnerabilities May 27, 2015 • Client Alerts
- Eric Whitney Joins Kaye Scholer Litigation Practice as Partner May 6, 2015 • Firm News