Kaye Scholer draws on the strengths of its national bankruptcy and finance practices to offer clients an integrated team of lawyers who practice in the area of creditors' rights.
We represent individual creditors and creditor groups of all kinds, including agents and bank groups in syndicated credit facilities, secured and unsecured noteholders, creditors' committees and examiners and other fiduciaries. We work with these clients in matters involving loan workouts, debt restructurings, debtor-in-possession financings and the enforcement of creditors' rights generally. We have experience working with debtors in a wide range of industries, including energy, entertainment, health care, manufacturing, mass torts, retail, technology and transportation. And we understand how to approach complex, cross-border insolvencies and the types of issues that creditors face when dealing in foreign jurisdictions.
In the Market
- Primoff to Speak on Secured Creditors Rights at ABI Conference May 14, 2015 • Speaking Engagements
- Partner Stephen Rutenberg Joins Kaye Scholer’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department in New York September 19 • Firm News
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal for CFO Accused of Negligent Misrepresentation After CEO’s Fraud October 15 • Client Successes
- Firm Racks Up 40 Tier 1 Practice Rankings from US News & World Report November 1 • Recognitions
- Bankruptcy Partner Madlyn Primoff Discusses Lender and Debtor Cooperation During Reorganization in The Deal August 2 • Media Mentions
- Reverse M&A: Structural and Legal Considerations August 2012 • Articles
- Vitro Confronts Bondholders in Bid to Enforce Bankruptcy Plan June 4 • Media Mentions
- Credit Bids a No-Brainer, High Court Says June 1 • Media Mentions
- ResCap Seeks to Block MBS Suits Against Affiliates, Execs May 29 • Media Mentions