Our M&A team brings a distinctive set of attributes to meet the opportunities and challenges presented by the purchase and sale of corporate assets, both inside and outside the bankruptcy arena. We help clients acquire assets from troubled companies, and guide them through the acquisition of significant positions in debt securities that can then be used to acquire influence over the restructuring process and post-restructuring control of a target company. From due diligence to documentation to obtaining court approval, we guide clients every step of the way through these complex transactions.
We are experienced in all types of transactions, ranging from complex buy-outs involving multi-tiered capital structures, to minority investments that must effectively address difficult governance and liquidity issues in both publicly-held and private companies. We also regularly advise clients on relevant regulatory and judicial developments in areas such as tax, ERISA, antitrust, corporate governance and securities laws as they affect the M&A environment generally.
In the Market
- Distressed Debt Survey Reveals Significance of 2015 Market Developments February 10, 2015 • Client Successes
- Partner Stephen Rutenberg Joins Kaye Scholer’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department in New York September 19, 2014 • Firm News
- Healthcare Reform Likely to Drive M&A June 28, 2012 • Media Mentions
- Supreme Court Decision Won’t Dent Investment in Health-Care Sector June 27, 2012 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Expands Its International Banking and Finance Capabilities 22. Juni 2011 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents Acquirer of Florida Condo Building March 15, 2010 • Client Successes