Kaye Scholer's Distressed Mergers and Acquisitions practice is devoted to helping clients take advantage of opportunities that exist in volatile markets. Our clients benefit from a synchronized combination of traditional M&A and private equity skills, coupled with an intimate knowledge of the reorganization and bankruptcy process.
Our M&A team brings a distinctive set of attributes to meet the opportunities and challenges presented by the purchase and sale of corporate assets, both inside and outside the bankruptcy arena. We help clients acquire assets from troubled companies, and guide them through the acquisition of significant positions in debt securities that can then be used to acquire influence over the restructuring process and post-restructuring control of a target company. From due diligence to documentation to obtaining court approval, we guide clients every step of the way through these complex transactions.
We are experienced in all types of transactions, ranging from complex buy-outs involving multi-tiered capital structures, to minority investments that must effectively address difficult governance and liquidity issues in both publicly-held and private companies. We also regularly advise clients on relevant regulatory and judicial developments in areas such as tax, ERISA, antitrust, corporate governance and securities laws as they affect the M&A environment generally.
In the Market
- Price of Oil and Potential for MLP Restructurings and Insolvencies June 2015 • Articles
- Primoff to Speak on Secured Creditors Rights at ABI Conference May 14, 2015 • Speaking Engagements
- Kaye Scholer, Debtwire Produce Influential Distressed Debt Market Report February 2015 • Articles
- Panel Discussion Dissects North American Distressed Debt Market February 11, 2015 • Speaking Engagements
- Distressed Debt Survey Reveals Significance of 2015 Market Developments February 10 • Client Successes
- Distressed Debt Survey Reveals Significance of 2015 Market Developments February 10 • Reports / Newsletters
- Partner Stephen Rutenberg Joins Kaye Scholer’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department in New York September 19 • Firm News
- CFIUS Considerations Arising in the Acquisition of Distressed Assets in the United States July 30 • Articles
- Reverse M&A: Structural and Legal Considerations August 2012 • Articles