Kaye Scholer's environmental lawyers have a wide range of environmental experience from multi-million dollar CERCLA cost recovery litigations to negotiation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and state agencies to day-to-day site management of environmental issues.From our Los Angeles office, in particular, we represent clients on matters involving insurance recoveries for reimbursement of investigation and clean-up costs from carriers, both through negotiation and litigation.
The firm has successfully litigated and defended CERCLA, RCRA, and common law environmental claims for a range of clients in both federal and state courts, and in proceedings before federal, state and local regulatory agencies. At one end of the spectrum, we represent major corporations in complex Superfund clean-ups and cost recovery actions. At the other end of the spectrum, we provide counseling to real estate developers to avoid regulatory problems, and have assisted industrial tenants in resolving disputes with their former landlords over claims that they polluted a vacated property. We routinely counsel clients on simultaneously seeking insurance coverage while providing advice on environmental problems.
In the Market
- Kaye Scholer Advises Special Committee on Genco-Baltic Merger April 9, 2015 • Firm News
- EPA Recognizes the New ASTM Standard for Environmental Due Diligence January 8 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Represents Hostway in Sale to PE Firm Littlejohn & Co December 16 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents PDM Bridge in Acquisition of Assets by Atlas Holdings November 6 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises J.W. Childs in Sale of JA Holding to Men’s Wearhouse July 18 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents CDPQ in Sale of Interest in Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline March 10 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Assists American Securities in Acquisition of Texas Newspapers October 24 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents Universal Hospital Services, Inc. in Sale to Bear Stearns Merchant Banking June 1 • Client Successes