We represent sponsors, investors and placement agents in connection with the structuring and operation and marketing of onshore and offshore hedge funds, funds of funds, and principal-protected funds. We also routinely advise on structuring and documenting managed account arrangements.
We work closely with our clients to develop structures that optimize investment and operational flexibility. We represent hedge funds and funds of funds with widely different strategies, including hedge funds of funds, long/short equity, global fixed income, distressed debt, industry sectors such as health care and energy, and special geographic sectors.
We provide ongoing assistance with trading and investment documentation, including:
- prime brokerage documents
- depository and custodian agreements
- financing agreements providing for daily operations and redemptions;
- secondary market opportunities (special situations credits trading, distressed debt, etc.)
- credit derivatives to obtain protection on specific assets;
- equity derivatives to facilitate leveraged synthetic exposure to securities; and
- total return swaps.
In addition, we document members and shareholders agreements for hedge fund managers and advisers, as well as their client-facing agreements.
Together with our nationally recognized tax attorneys, we develop efficient tax structures and practices for the fund and its managers, incorporating the newest developments and compliance obligations to optimize fund viability and prosperity