All of Kaye Scholer's specific practice areas address international clients. To provide additional support for and emphasis on our international work, the firm has established an umbrella international group of lawyers from various departments with specific international experience. The members of the International practice group are based in our New York, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and Shanghai offices and have extensive experience conducting business in various countries.Our transactional experience falls into three major categories: (1) out-bound transactions involving the representation of U.S. individuals and companies in activities such as mergers and acquisitions, establishment of manufacturing facilities and licensing agreements; (2) in-bound transactions involving the representation of foreign individuals and companies investing or doing business in the U.S.; and (3) representation of domestic and international companies in joint ventures, strategic alliances, project financings, aircraft financings, recapitalizations and other commercial financing facilities for domestic and international companies.
In addition to our general work for international clients, we assist foreign companies with specific technical needs in organizing and conducting their U.S. operations, including financing, tax structuring, repatriating earnings abroad, and dealing with federal, state and local governments. Our international work involves companies with headquarters in Africa, Asia, Canada, Europe, Israel and Latin America.
In the Market
- EU’s Highest Court Declares the US-EU Safe Harbor Agreement for Data Sharing “Inadequate” October 6 • Client Alerts
- The Financial Times Interviews Adam Golodner On Potential China Cyber Sanctions September 28, 2015 • Media Mentions
- IBLJ Recognizes Kaye Scholer as a Top International “Firm to Watch” July 1 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Omega Healthcare on Acquisition of 23 UK Care Home Facilities July 1, 2015 • Client Successes
- Koval, Golodner Host “Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: Transatlantic Business Issues” June 30 • Events
- Five from Frankfurt Office Named to Best Lawyers in Germany June 26 • Recognitions
- Morgenstern, Patterson to Participate in PLI's Antitrust Institute 2015: Development & Hot Topics May 7–8, 2015 • Speaking Engagements
- Corporate Alert: Commerce Department Requires US Companies to Submit Filings Regarding Certain Foreign Affiliates April 10, 2015 • Client Alerts
- Q&A with Alice Young: Diversity Experiences and Achieving Success in the Legal Profession April 6, 2015 • Media Mentions