We represent private equity funds, private equity divisions of financial institutions, venture capital investors and portfolio companies, both in the U.S. and abroad. Transactions involve strategic equity/control investments and minority investments, all stages of the investment cycle and greatly varied transaction structures. Our representations have included start-up ventures (venture capital), early stage venture capital investments, acquisition of public as well as private companies, asset acquisitions, growth capital transactions, management buyouts, recapitalizations, going-private transactions, leveraged acquisitions, "turnaround" or "vulture" investments, and purchases and sales of companies and divisions in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. We work with clients in all phases of their investments, including in formulating bids in auction situations and in their initial investment and financing, as well as refinancings, restructurings, recapitalizations and add-on acquisitions, and in designing exit strategies and liquidity events (including initial public offerings and business sales). In addition, we have substantial experience in structuring and negotiating the various layers of senior and subordinated debt and equity financing typically utilized in connection with leveraged acquisitions, including registered and Rule 144A high-yield debt offerings, private placements of senior and subordinated debt, secured and unsecured bank financing, and various forms of seller financing.
Kaye Scholer has represented clients investing in start-ups, emerging growth and expanding companies and has also represented companies at each of these stages. Our clients and their portfolio companies are not concentrated in any one industry but rather extend broadly across industries including technology, telecom, financial institutions, health care, medical products, distribution and consumer goods and services. Kaye Scholer supports its private equity/venture capital practice with the unique strength of lawyers who concentrate in all areas of corporate law as well as in other practice areas, including patent and intellectual property, real estate, capital markets/securities and public offerings, tax, product liability, executive compensation, benefits, employment, antitrust and bankruptcy.
In the Market
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents NexPhase Capital in Acquisition of Zing Zang July 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents American Securities in Milk Specialties Acquisition June 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises CAPS Payroll in Sale to Cast & Crew Entertainment Services June 21, 2016 • Client Successes