Kaye Scholer’s nationally recognized Syndicated & Leveraged Finance Practice counsels major financial institutions and borrowers worldwide. We represent our clients in a broad array of transactions, ranging from the most intricate and complex financings to more traditional transactions. Our lawyers are involved in all aspects of structuring, negotiating and documenting matters for our clients, and we collaborate with lawyers throughout the firm to address the corporate, securities, tax and other issues that arise in these transactions.
In the Market
- IFLR1000 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities October 9, 2015 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Gravity Midstream on Bank Loans August 27, 2015 • Client Successes
- Chambers Europe Recognizes Frankfurt Office’s Multiple Strengths May 18, 2015 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises on $2.5 Billion Asset-Based Loan Facility for United Rentals March 31, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer’s Global Capabilities Recognized in IFLR1000 2015 October 27, 2014 • Recognitions
- Omega Healthcare Investors Obtains $1.2 Billion Unsecured Credit Facility June 27, 2014 • Client Successes
- Three Kaye Scholer Lawyers Among the Best Lawyers in Germany 6. Juni 2014 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Recognized for Litigation and Finance in Germany by Chambers Europe 2014 April 25, 2014 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Recognized in Six Practice Areas Worldwide in Chambers Global 2014 March 13, 2014 • Recognitions
Capabilities: How We Do It
Our clients’ matter s typically involve multi-tier capital structures, including first/second lien debt, high yield debt, privately placed mezzanine debt and preferred equity issuances. We have the skill and experience to identify and negotiate the intercreditor and subordination issues that arise in these structures, taking into account relevant credit and market considerations.
- Acquisition finance: Working closely with our colleagues in the M&A and Private Equity practices, we are very active in the area of tender offers and other acquisition financings, representing many well-known financial institutions, corporate borrowers and equity sponsors in the financing of mergers, asset and stock acquisitions, recapitalizations and other change of control transactions.
- Syndicated lending: We represent commercial banks and other major financial institutions worldwide acting as agents, arrangers and participants in a broad range of syndicated loan facilities. The global scope of our practice allows us to be fluent with credits that include multiple pricing and currency options.
- Asset-based lending and factoring: Our lawyers have been advising clients in the areas of asset-based lending and factoring for over forty years. We regularly negotiate and document inventory, receivables, and equipment facilities for national retailers, industrial manufacturers and other concerns. The scope of our practice extends beyond the mainstream, to areas such as aviation, energy and motion picture finance. Our lawyers have extensive experience in securing credits with unusual or multi-jurisdictional collateral packages.
- Junior capital: We have substantial experience representing providers of junior capital. The transactions we handle include subordinated debt, second-lien financings, mezzanine financings, structured debt-equity investments, preferred stock financings and similar financial products. We have represented junior capital providers in their support of mergers and acquisitions (both financial and strategic), as well as in financial recapitalizations, growth capital financings and dividend recaps. We are skilled in the issues involved in workouts and insolvency proceedings that junior capital providers may face in the current market.