Sheila Boston Recognized by New York City Bar with Diversity Champion Award
May 16, 2011
Sheila S. Boston, Partner in the Litigation Department, was honored with the New York City Bar Association’s Sixth Annual Diversity Champion Award. The award recognizes the critical role individual attorneys have played in initiating and sustaining change within their organizations and the overall New York legal community.
The Diversity Champion Award recognizes Ms. Boston’s long and continued commitment to diversity at Kaye Scholer and in the New York legal community, and her many activities to effect positive change in our society. A few of the many activities contributing to Ms. Boston’s recognition include:
- Chairs Kaye Scholer’s Diversity Committee;
- As Chair of the Committee on Recruitment and Retention of Lawyers, was in charge of The New York City Bar’s Diversity Fellowship Program;
- Is a member of the Enhance Diversity in the Profession Committee of the New York City Bar;
- As Secretary of The New York City Bar, serves as the Executive Committee liaison to the Diversity Cluster Committees;
- Serves as Executive Committee representative of The New York City Bar to select South African attorneys for the Cyrus R. Vance Center’s South African Lawyer Fellow Program;
- Co-organized “From Backpack to Briefcase: A Transitions Program for Law Students” for the National Association of Women Lawyers; and
- Serves frequently as keynote speaker and participates on panels addressing diversity issues for law firms, law schools and bar associations.
Ms. Boston will receive the award at a ceremony and luncheon on May 24, 2011.