To guide our clients through the process, Kaye Scholer has assembled a team of recognized leaders in the areas of national security, tax and corporate law. In the tax area, our team has significant experience in all aspects of U.S. acquisitions and financing from the unique perspective of the non-U.S. client.
Our tax lawyers:
- structure cross-border mergers, acquisitions, financings and divestitures
- develop efficient structures for U.S. operations
- assist multinational corporations in post-merger integration and international tax controversy matters.
Cross-Border Tax Representative Transactions
A sampling of our global representations include the following:
- a foreign government consortium in its acquisition of significant pipeline assets in the United States
- one of Canada's largest companies in its acquisition of a healthcare division of a Fortune 200 company
- Europe's largest aerospace firm in its acquisition of an instrument products company
- an international commercial bank in connection with the restructuring of a SIV
- the world's largest fertilizer company in its acquisitions in the United States
- one of the largest European pharmaceutical companies in a joint venture for a consumer insecticides business
- the structuring of the creation of a new mining group in West Africa and China for multiple IPOs.