Kaye Scholer’s Energy & Infrastructure Group represents leading investors, sponsors, developers, lenders, utilities and governments in the purchase and sale, capitalization and financing, planning and structuring, and permitting and regulation of energy and infrastructure assets around the globe. We combine long-standing practice excellence with deep industry knowledge in our approach to energy and infrastructure as an investment asset class.
Drawing on a multidisciplinary group of more than 30 corporate, finance, litigation, bankruptcy, tax and regulatory lawyers in our New York, London, Washington, DC, Shanghai, Frankfurt and Los Angeles offices, we take a holistic approach to solving issues: whether performing diligence on proposed portfolio investments, financing development, resolving disputes, or evaluating the potential impact that related real estate, tax or other issues may have on a project, investment or transaction.
We combine financial acumen gleaned from nearly 100 years as a Wall Street firm with our long track record working with innovative companies to address complex energy and infrastructure transactions or resolve disputes around the globe, from deepwater drilling in the South China Sea to structuring one of the first carbon credit-related forestry funds in the UK to successfully advising ExxonMobil on a class action suit. Our work extends to helping support the development of oil fields in the Middle East and North Africa, waste to ethanol facilities in China, and negotiating the largest US wind power purchasing agreement ever signed. Our lawyers may be found assisting on energy and infrastructure projects in Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Europe, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, South Africa and the United States, to name just a few countries. With major offices in Asia, Europe and North America, we have full-service capabilities wherever our clients’ work takes us.
- Oil & Gas (upstream, midstream and downstream)
- Nuclear Power
- Renewables (wind, solar, ethanol and other biofuels)
- Social Infrastructure (stadia and arenas, educational facilities, housing)
- Telecommunications (satellites, wireless towers)
- Transportation Infrastructure (roads, rail, ports, airports and ships)
- Water & Desalination Projects (pure water/clean water)
- Defense (procurement and military housing)
- Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO)
- American Securities
- BellAziz Master Holdings Limited
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- California Power Exchange Corporation
- Duke Energy Indiana, Inc.
- Emerging ASEAN Infrastructure Partners
- Enerkem Inc.
- Energy Capital Partners
- Energy Investors Funds
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Fujairah Port Authority
- Globalvia Infraestructuras, S.A.
- Ihsan Ventures Limited
- KERN Partners
- Maryland Public Service Commission
- MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.
- The New York Metropolitan Baseball Club, Inc. and Queens Ballpark Company LLC
- Norfolk Southern Railway Company
- One Stone Energy Partners, L.P.
- Renewable Power Markets Access, Inc.
- Port of Los Angeles
- RAY International Oil & Gas LLC
- Samsung C&T Corporation
- Saracen Energy Partners, LP
- Shell International Ltd.
- State of Connecticut
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC
The lawyers and practices within our Energy & Infrastructure group have been recognized by leading third-party authorities on legal practices including, among others:
- Chambers Global 2013
- Chambers Europe 2013
- Chambers USA 2013
- U.S. News/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2013
Joel Moser, Head
Energy & Infrastructure Group
1. This comment appears on the U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” website at bestlawfirms.usnews.com.