RSS Feed - Wind Power and Renewable Energy - Kaye Scholer LLP
Current Feed: http://www.kayescholer.com/practice/rss.xml?p=wind_power_renewable_energy
William A. Tanenbaum (05/17/13)
William A. Tanenbaum is Chair of the IP and Technology Transactions Group and Chair of the Green Tech and Sustainability Group at Kaye Scholer. He was named “Lawyer of the Year 2013” in Information Technology Law in New York by Best Lawyers in America. He is ranked in Band One in Technology and Outsourcing in New York by Chambers. His IP and Technology Transactions Group is ranked in the First Tier in Information Technology Law in New York by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers. Chambers found that he “built one of New York City’s most outstanding transactional IT practices.” Bill assists clients in updating IT systems and integrating Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social Media and Privacy Protection. His practice focuses on IP, IT and technology transactions, as well as Healthcare IT (he is recognized as a “Life Science Star”) and the convergence of cleantech and mainstream business (he was named to the “CleanTech 100”). The common element in his practice is that clients in a range of industries retain him for his IP and IT experience. He is a past President of the International Technology Law Association and is currently a Vice President of the Metropolitan New York Chapter of the Society for Information Management (SIM), an industry association for CIOs and senior IT executives.
Surveys of clients, in-house counsel and peer attorneys find that he:
- “is one of the best IP attorneys I have worked with” (Euromoney’s LMG Clean Technology and Renewable Energy Guide)
- is one of the Top 25 IT Lawyers in the US (Best of the Best)
- was named a 2013 "IP Star" (Managing IP)
- “brings extremely high integrity, a deep intellect, fearlessness and a practical, real-world mindset to every problem” (Chambers)
- “draws on a truly impressive array of technology law expertise, creativity, high integrity and common sense, and he gets parties to closure” (Legal500)
- is “efficient, solution-driven and makes excellent judgment calls” and “an effective negotiator” (Chambers)
- is “endorsed by all as a ‘strong, pragmatic lawyer who knows exactly how to get a deal done’” (World’s 250 Leading Patent and Technology Lawyers)
- “is among the market’s foremost IT licensing experts and a leading authority on related issues such as data security, privacy and social media” (World’s 250 Leading Patent and Technology Lawyers)
- is “recognized as a thought leader across the spectrum of IT and IP transactions” (IAM Patent 1000)
- “is an acknowledged expert on the convergence of mainstream businesses with cleantech” (Chambers)
- is recognized as a “Life Science Star” (Euromoney’s LMG Life Sciences Guide)
- was named to the “CleanTech 100” in Euromoney’s LMG Clean Technology and Renewable Energy Guide, which praised the versatility of the firm’s GreenTech and Sustainability practice and concluded that the firm’s “IP practice really stands out with its knowledge from a technological point of view.”
Because of the strength of Bill’s practice, Kaye Scholer was named as the “Technology & Outsourcing Law Firm of the Year in New York for 2013” by Global Law Experts, the “Internet & E-Commerce Law Firm of the Year” by The Lawyers World Law Awards 2011 and Kaye Scholer is “Recommended” for IP in cleantech in the Clean Technology and Renewable Guide. Bill’s experience and leadership in the fields of technology transactions and outsourcing were recognized when he was selected to serve as the neutral arbitrator in a $30 million outsourcing dispute and other arbitrations.
Bill is the lead partner in IP and IT transactions and in patent litigations. He led a team that handled a significant business method patent case for a multinational financial institution. He also led a team that won a victory for a multinational medical device client in a patent case in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He chairs or co-chairs annual legal conferences on Outsourcing, Healthcare IT, Cloud Computing and GreenTech and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences.
Bill is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society.
Madeleine M.L. Tan (04/02/13)
Madeleine Tan is a Partner in Kaye Scholer’s Finance group and is Co-Head of the firm’s Project Finance Practice. She has extensive experience advising investors, lenders, sponsors and underwriters in equity investments, capital markets debt offerings, tax-equity and structured finance transactions. Madeleine has been lead counsel on a broad range of transactions including project finance transactions, leveraged leases, single investor leases, capital markets offerings and privately negotiated debt instruments. She is recognized by Chambers Global 2013 as a “Foreign Expert” for USA Capital Markets Securitization and as an “Expert Based Abroad” for Australia Capital Markets.
Elizabeth C. Sluder (03/28/13)
Elizabeth Sluder is an Associate in the Finance Department of the Los Angeles office, where her primary practice areas include finance, fund formation, private equity and general corporate advice. In finance, she represents lenders and borrowers in secured lending, private banking and mezzanine and junior capital financing, and has represented clients in connection with development financing for wind power projects, sports franchise financing and large syndicated credit facilities. Her experience also includes representing insurance companies seeking premium tax credits in certified capital company offerings in Alabama and Texas. In addition, Elizabeth represents clients during the formation and negotiation of investment fund vehicles, and has represented onshore and offshore funds, and SBIC funds. She also represents clients in general corporate matters.
Jeffrey A. Chester (03/21/13)
Jeffrey Chester is a Partner in the Los Angeles office and heads the firm’s Renewable Energy Project Finance and Development practice, focusing on wind and solar energy development, construction, tax structuring and project finance. In renewable energy transactions, Jeff regularly represents developers, sponsors, lenders and investors.
Chambers Global 2012 Recognizes Kaye Scholer (03/08/13)