Janet Barbiere is a Partner in the Structured Finance Group. She represents issuers, underwriters, originators, loan sellers and investors in mortgage loan securitizations, real estate syndications, origination and servicing programs, the purchase, sale and acquisition of mortgage loans and mortgage securities, transactions in the secondary mortgage market, and other areas of real estate finance. She has also been active in the workout, restructuring and sale of distressed financial assets, including real estate-related debt and syndicated bank loans, and in the representation of creditors in insolvency proceedings. She serves on various SFIG and CREFC Committees.
Janet has been recognized in numerous publications, including:
- Euromoney’s Expert Guides — Banking, Financial & Transactional Law 2012-2013 (Structured Finance and Securitization)
- Euromoney’s Expert Guides — Women in Business Law 2012-2013 (Structured Finance and Securitization)
- Chambers USA 2007-2013 — “Capital Markets: Securitization - Nationwide”
- Chambers Global 2009-2013 — “US Capital Markets: Securitization”
- The Best Lawyers in America 2010-2014 — “Securitization and Structured Finance Law”
- Euromoney’s Expert Guides — World’s Leading Lawyers 2011 (Structured Finance and Securitization)
Prior to joining Kaye Scholer, Janet was a partner in the New York office of Thacher Proffitt & Wood LLP.