Julie Belezzuoli is an Associate in the Complex Commercial Litigation and Business Reorganization and Creditor’s Rights Departments in Kaye Scholer’s Los Angeles office. Her practice includes mass-tort pharmaceutical product liability and corporate litigation, as well as representing debtors, trustees and creditors in various phases of Chapter 11 cases.
Julie has experience representing pharmaceutical companies in product liability lawsuits involving prescription medications. She has been a member of multiple trial teams and serves as jurisdictional counsel for California, Oregon, Washington and Minnesota. Julie has also served as counsel to official committees of unsecured creditors and was a member of the litigation team that successfully defended the California State Controller in the 2010 budget impasse. She is also committed to pro bono and public legal services, having represented clients in matters involving immigrants rights, asylum and children’s rights.
In May 2012, Julie was a member of the trial team that successfully defended Pfizer units Wyeth, Inc. and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals in US District Court (Connecticut) (Lynn Gardner Moss, et al. v. Wyeth, Inc., et al.). Additionally, in July 2011, Julie was a member of the trial team that successfully defended Pfizer units Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Pharmacia & Upjohn Co. in the US District Court (West Virginia) (Hines v. Wyeth, et al.).
Julie received her JD from Loyola Law School Los Angeles, where she graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif. She remains an active member of the Loyola Law School Los Angeles Alumni and is actively involved in student mentoring and development programs. She received her BA from the University of California, Irvine, where she graduated cum laude. Julie was the recipient of the National Association of Women Lawyers Award, Outstanding Law Graduate for 2009.
Julie currently serves as a member of the ABA Chapter 9 Sub-Committee on Municipal Bankruptcy and has co-authored articles for:
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section Legislative Update, Chapter 9 Municipal Bankruptcy (2012)
- 19th Annual ABI Battleground West Conference (2011)
- Chapter 9 Program Workshop for Bankruptcy Judges (2011)
- Bloomberg Law Ch 9 Bankruptcy Program (2011)
- 85th Annual National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (2011)
- Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Judges Conference (2010)
In The Market
- 117 Lawyers and Legal Assistants Honored for Pro Bono Commitment February 25, 2014 • Recognitions
- Marc Cohen and Julie Belezzuoli quoted in Law360 in article titled “Cash-Strapped Cities Still Leery of Ch. 9” April 20, 2011 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Successfully Defends California State Controller in Budget Impasse Litigation July 2010 • Client Successes