Jason Ben is an Associate in Kaye Scholer's Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department. His practice encompasses all areas of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency-related matters. Mr. Ben has represented various parties in complex U.S. and international financial restructurings, including both corporate debtors and secured lenders in Chapter 11 and out-of-court restructurings. Mr. Ben has also represented purchasers of distressed assets under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code, as well as landlords, suppliers and other unsecured creditors in a variety of transactional and litigation-related aspects of the debtor-creditor relationship.
- Representing London-based hedge fund in turnover litigation involving massive Ponzi Scheme in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Representing several hedge funds in all aspects of the secondary loan trading market and the documentation of secondary trades on the standard terms and conditions promulgated by the Loan Syndication and Trading Association, Inc.
- Represented potential purchaser of major grocery chain proceeding in Chapter 11.
- Advised property-level lender in multibillion dollar real estate company bankruptcy proceeding in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Advised group of mezzanine lenders in the successful workout of approximately $600 million in debt that resulted in lenders receiving payment in full.
- Represented hedge fund in the purchase of large condominium development in Orlando, Florida out of a pending bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented secured lender in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
- Representing joint venture development company in Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Central District of California and the Northern District of Illinois.
- Represented Indenture Trustee in the failed insolvencies of several bank holding companies.
- Represented Indenture Trustee in Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented tier-1 automotive supplier that commenced parallel cross border insolvency proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and the United Kingdom.
- Represented tier-1 automotive supplier in its Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Represented senior debt syndicate owed over $300 million claim in the separate Chapter 11 proceedings of related automotive suppliers in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Represented a billion dollar car rental company in its cross-border restructuring in the United States and the United Kingdom that resulted in the sale of substantially all of the assets of the company.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer’s Liberty Tire Work Named Out-of-Court Restructuring Deal of the Year December 10, 2015 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer’s Chicago Office Receives Two Tier 1 Rankings from U.S.News & World Report/Best Lawyers November 17, 2011 • Firm News