Glynna Christian is head of the Technology & Digital Transactions practice and a partner in the firm’s Corporate Department. She has over 20 years of experience advising clients in deal-making across virtually all operational and strategic areas of their businesses. She represents both emerging and established companies in a wide range of sectors and is a trusted advisor to clients across many of the industries driving the connection of mobile, retail, marketing, services, data and technology.
Glynna is a recognized practitioner by Chambers USA for Technology & Outsourcing, and her advice in structuring and negotiating complex sourcing relationships has been recognized by The Legal 500 US.
- Global financial services company in connection with its launch of data analytics services.
- Leading provider of Internet infrastructure services in connection with new data analytics services.
- The oldest clothing retail and manufacturer in the US in an agreement for access to a cloud-based mobile commerce platform for mobile application development and publishing services.
- UK-based company offering an Augmented Reality mobile app in connection with its first partnership agreement in the United States for the resale of its image-recognition/augmented reality technology platform.
- Vend, a cloud-based point-of-sale (POS) provider, in a business-advancing commercial partnership with Apple, Inc. to develop POS software applications for the operating system (iOS).
- Leading global hospitality company on the acquisition of a digital marketing platform to support a guest experience across all digital touch points and a US$250 million IT infrastructure outsourcing.
- The oldest US clothing retailer and manufacturer (with more than 200 locations in the US and Canada and 130 locations worldwide) on its strategic global technology transformation project affecting core functions of the client’s business – from a completely re-designed e-commerce platform, to global distribution and fulfillment, to cutting-edge point-of-sale systems in all of its retail locations worldwide, to product development and lifecycle management solutions, to SAP financial solutions and HR management solutions – including:
- negotiating global master service agreements (MSAs) for functional specification design, systems implementation, applications management, hosting, customer service, IT consulting and other business processes.
- negotiating global MSAs with Capgemini and SAP for functional specification design, SAP system implementation and SAP applications management.
- negotiating a global MSA with ITC-Infotech and PTC for functional specification design, system implementation and applications management.
- negotiating a global agreement with Demandware for the development, maintenance and hosting of the client’s e-commerce site in the US and UK.
- negotiating a global agreement with Borderfree for the order fulfillment and distribution of the client’s products.
- negotiating a MSA with SuccessFactors for the outsourcing of HR business processes in the US.
- managing and advising on a global data protection compliance project for all human resources business functions and customer data.
- Global financial services company in connection with:
- the launch of its first-ever online checkout for card members to check out quickly at participating online merchants by using their card account login allowing the card member's account information to be transferred to the merchant through a token.
- multiple agreements for the acquisition from third parties of technology functionality, card printing and mailing services and transaction processing services for two new card products, including a nationwide prepaid debit card and a reloadable prepaid account.
- its global rewards and loyalty services that it provides to its business customers on an outsourcing and white-label basis.
- the acquisition of business process management software technology for use in developing new, cutting edge algorithms and processes for customer service, including web site interaction, call center interaction and fraud identification and notification.
- the outsourcing of its entire technology platform, call center support and printing/mailing for its online savings account product with over US$40 billion in its accounts.
- acquiring a cloud-based consumer loan management platform.
- a multibillion-dollar outsourcing of application development and maintenance.
- The largest independent production company in the US in connection with the creation of a joint venture entity for the production of scripted television and two strategic investments for digital content creation.
- The largest independent production company in the US in connection with its strategic investment in joint ventures for the production and distribution of digital content across multiple channels.
- Leading provider of Internet infrastructure services and Internet administration in connection with:
- its launch and ongoing operations of backend registry services.
- a platform access agreement for registrars to access and use a cloud-based shared registry system for domain name registration.
- a joint venture with a leading provider of network equipment for the development of new standards for network security and the offering of joint products.
- Leading life sciences company in a global SAP acquisition and systems implementation.
- Broadcast company in the UK regarding building a next generation platform to stream content to handhelds as an alternative to typical broadcast distribution and for use in connection with premium rate services.
- Global telecommunications company in connection with the legal and operational separation of its US subsidiaries, including the separation of employees, customers, equipment and contracts across the world; the negotiation of a separation agreement and intra-company services agreement in preparation for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy; and the auction sale of the US subsidiaries in bankruptcy, including negotiation of the stock purchase agreement, transition services agreement and ongoing services agreement.
Civic and Charitable
- Chair of the Board, Children’s Arts Guild (2010 to present)
- Board, Manhattan Legal Services (2014 to present)
- Board, Lawyers’ Alliance of New York (2010-2013)
- Board and Secretary, Art in General (1998 – 2013)
- Her Justice (formerly InMotion), Corporate Partner award (2008)
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Represents American Securities in Milk Specialties Acquisition June 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises CAPS Payroll in Sale to Cast & Crew Entertainment Services June 21, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Practices and Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2016 May 31, 2016 • Recognitions