Sam Deka focuses primarily on patent litigation trials and appeals. He is a registered patent attorney licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also regularly counsels clients on transactional matters involving intellectual property.
Mr. Deka has worked on patent cases involving a wide range of technologies, from semiconductors, optical networking components, and 3-D display technology, to pharmaceuticals, including Viagra and Celebrex.
Prior to joining Kaye Scholer, Mr. Deka was a summer associate and associate at Kenyon & Kenyon LLP. While in law school, he also worked for the chief in-house intellectual property counsel of a semiconductor design and manufacturing company. While in college, Mr. Deka gained technical research experience on optical networking technologies as an intern at Bell Labs.
- Cephalon, Inc. v. Fresenius KABI USA, LLC, 15-cv-00536 (D. Del.). Counsel for Cephalon in a patent infringement case involving Cephalon’s drug Treanda (bendamustine hydrochloride).
- Acorda Therapeutics Inc. v. Actavis et al., 1:14-cv-00882-LPS (D. Del.). Counsel for Acorda Therapeutics in a set of patent infringement cases involving Acorda’s drug AMPYRA (dalfampridine), an oral medication to improve walking in people with multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Pfizer Inc. v. Lupin Pharma et al., 2:13-cv-121 (E.D. Va.). Counsel for Pfizer in a patent infringement case involving Pfizer’s drug Celebrex (celecoxib).
- Genetic Technologies LTD v. Pfizer Inc., 12-cv-00395 (D. Del.). Counsel for Pfizer in defense of a patent infringement action relating to methods of DNA analysis and gene mapping.
- Tomita Technologies Int’l Inc. v. Nintendo Co., Ltd., 1:11-cv-04256-JSR (S.D.N.Y.). Counsel for Nintendo in a patent infringement case involving stereoscopic (3-D) image capture and display technology.
- Pfizer Inc v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. et al., 2:10-cv-128 (E.D.Va.). Counsel for Pfizer in a patent infringement case involving Pfizer’s drug Viagra (sildenafil).
- QinetiQ Limited v. Oclaro, Inc., 4:10-cv-00080-SBA (N.D.Ca.). Counsel for QinetiQ in a patent infringement case involving QinetiQ’s patents on multi-mode interference (MMI) waveguides, Mach-Zehnder interferometers, and related optical telecommunications technologies.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Secures Non-Infringement Judgment for Nintendo in Patent Battle... May 11, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Unanimous ANDA Win for Acorda Therapeutics March 21, 2016 • Client Successes
- LMG Life Sciences Honors Kaye Scholer With Top Awards in Antitrust and Patent Litigation September 17, 2015 • Recognitions