Stephanie Fier is an Associate in the Complex Commercial Litigation Department of Kaye Scholer’s Washington, DC office. She focuses her practice on breach of contract, tort and real property disputes and has represented both private companies and governmental entities. Stephanie has a wide range of litigation experience, from initial case assessment through pre-trial motions, with an emphasis on potential damages liability analysis.
Stephanie graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2009, where she provided counsel on numerous pro bono matters, served as Vice President of the student body and was on the Managing Board of the Virginia Tax Review. Prior to joining Kaye Scholer, Stephanie served as a judicial intern for Chief Judge Thomas F. Hogan in the US District Court for the District of Columbia, where she drafted opinions, orders and bench memoranda. She received her undergraduate degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) in 2006.
- Currently representing the City of Los Angeles in a dispute over management of Ontario International Airport.
- Representing the California State Controller in negotiating settlement agreements with insurance companies over unclaimed property.
- Representing an internationally operating technology conglomerate against claims of breach of contract and fraud relating to a construction project that the developer ultimately put into bankruptcy.
- Representing an association focused on US real estate and capital markets.
- Representing one of the largest European missile defense contractors in a complex, multi-national AAA arbitration over a failed teaming relationship.
- Provided legal counsel to a leading online and over-the-air retailer regarding issues of product liability.
- Represented a vacation tour provider in an opposition proceeding at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
In the Market
- Kaye Scholer Represents Los Angeles City Council in Settlement with Ontario International Airport December 21, 2015
- The 2013 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll Recognizes Eight Kaye Scholer Lawyers February 27, 2014
- 117 Lawyers and Legal Assistants Honored for Pro Bono Commitment February 25, 2014