Dr. Hans-Joachim Fritz is a partner in the German Employment & Labor Law practice in the Frankfurt office.
His practice covers all issues on corporate restructuring, as well as litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Hans Joachim renders advice to clients in classical industrial branches and in professional services.
As a certified specialist for commercial and corporate law as well as for employment law, Hans-Joachim gives support to major corporations in order to restructure the organization or reorganize business units. In addition, he is engaged in negotiating collective agreements with work councils and trade unions.
Moreover, Hans-Joachim advises major corporations on international compliance issues, partly as an external compliance monitor or ombudsman. He also conducts internal investigations and negotiates with prosecutors and administrative bodies on corporate sanctions.
Prior to joining Kaye Scholer LLP, Hans Joachim was a partner of two international German law firms, Haarmann Hemmelrath and Salger Rechtsanwälte. In addition, he held positions in senior HR management, lastly as member of the board of a DAX 100 company.
Hans-Joachim is a member of the American Bar Association/International Section, the Pacific Bar Association and the Employment Lawyers’ Association in Germany. He is also appointed to the Committee for Admission on Certified Specialists for Commercial and Corporate Law by the Frankfurt Bar and elected as a member of the Commission on corporate as well as on European legislative matters by the Federal Bar in Berlin/Brussels. Furthermore, Hans-Joachim has been appointed by the European Commission as member of the group of experts on anti-corruption.
- International financial services provider, listed on the stock exchange: Implementation of a compliance organization, training measures on governance, risk and compliance
- International health care provider: Group-reliant trading corporation with parent company listed on the stock exchange in Great Britain: Design of a code of conduct according UK Bribery Act 2010; implementation of a so-called hospitality & gift register; implementation of compliance organization on the grounds of a collective agreement incl. negotiations with the group works council
- Family-run manufacturer of consumer goods with 90% so-called dual use-products: Implementation of a compliance organization; external compliance support, particularly with regard to control of exports
- Professional service company (active in 150 countries) with a major PE investor: Implementation of an anti-corruption policy
- Publicly listed corporation in engineering and process technology: Designing Code of Ethics, implementing of an anti-corruption policy
- International financial services provider, listed on the stock exchange: Training measures on governance, risk and compliance
- International software company, listed on the stock exchange: Legal advice regarding preferential treatment of single works council members and members of the group works council against works constitutional standards
- Multinational group of health care with Private Equity investor as main shareholder: Internal investigations regarding breach of US-embargo and export regulations
- Professional service company (active in 150 countries) with a major PE investor: Compliance investigation, esp. in countries with high perception of corruption; negotiations with US-American authorities as well as international development banks
- Insurance company (D&O): Legal protection of interests in a lawsuit concerning D&O liability
- International media group (Germany, GB, US): Advise, coordination and litigation criminal white collar offenses within the management; support to secure civil legal actions (liability process, asset tracing, enforcement)
- Multinational group of health care: Close-down of site in Germany; negotiations with works council regarding social compensation scheme and reconciliation of interests; representation of interests in court proceedings (Local Labor Court, Regional Labor Court and Federal Labor Court), excluding union’s participation
- Management board of a clinic group: Advice to the in negotiations and completion of a company-related collective agreement about partly reduction of compensation as well as of time-limited company-related collective agreements covering several subject-matters (inter alia continuing education and qualification)
- Private clinic group: Preparation of negotiations on a frame collective agreement as well as a wage collective agreement as company-related collective agreements with the DHV – Deutscher Handels- und Industrieangestelltenverband; related hereto advice to the regional employers’ association concerning the reform of all collective agreements and potential negotiations with di
- German listed real estate company mainly in the field of office property: Design and negotiation of termination and settlement agreements with executives or board members with special respect to the extent of discretionary earnings, post-contractual covenants not to compete, early termination by granting a reduced severance payment per diem (partly tax optimized); stock option programs; ad-hoc disclosures due to Securities Trading Act (Wertpapierhandelsgesetz, WpHG), press releases and reference letters
- International family corporation listed on the stock exchange in machinery and equipment engineering : Review of subcontractors agreements
- Publicly listed corporation: Legal review of compensation and allowance scheme for works council members
- International corporation listed on the stock exchange (DAX): Design of intercompany works constitution regarding remuneration, compensation of overtime and reporting paths to HR management
- German branch of international auditing and consultancy organization: Reduction-in-force and corporate restructuring without general negotiations regarding any social compensation scheme
- Global publishing company in the field of science, technology and medical science (STM): On behalf of group management advise on the release from participation in statutory pension schemes with special respect to legal counsels and doctors of medicine
- One of the world's leading suppliers of robotics as well as plant and systems engineering: On behalf of group management advise on the release from participation in statutory pension schemes with special respect to legal counsels
- Germany's development agency for agribusiness: Legal review on demands of newly established Supervisory Requirements for Institutions’ Remuneration Systems with special respect to risk takers
In The Market
- WirtschaftsWoche Interviews Fritz about Visa Waiver Program May 23, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Named Germany Law Firm of the Year for Antitrust, Breach of Contract Law January 11, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises on Creation of Independent German Real Estate Investment Banking Boutique VICTORIAPARTNERS 21 Februar 2014 • Client Successes