David Gerber‘s practice focuses on cross-border and domestic buy-outs and disposals/exits, joint ventures and complex restructurings. Recognized in IFLR1000 (2014) as a key member of Kaye Scholer’s private equity team, David has particular experience in international mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions and has acted for several leading institutions with particular focus on the mid and upper mid-market.
Recent speaking engagements include lecturing on private equity to the MBA program at Imperial College, London.
- Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. in its acquisition and leasing back of ten UK healthcare facilities involving UK operator Healthcare Homes Group Ltd for a total purchase price of approximately US$120 million.
- Veeva Systems Inc. in the cash acquisition of Zinc Ahead, a leading provider of content management solutions for life sciences companies, for approximately US$130 million.
- Founders and owners of London-based Eukleia Training Limited, a leading provider of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) e-learning and classroom training to the financial services sector, in its sale to Learning Technologies Group plc, a provider of comprehensive and integrated range of e-learning services and technologies to corporate and government clients.
- Acuity Investments in the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Tower Leasing Limited, a leading equipment finance broker in the UK.
- Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. in its acquisition and leasing back of 23 UK healthcare facilities involving UK operator Healthcare Homes Group Ltd for a total purchase price of approximately US$180 million.
- Shareholders of Pharmalink Consulting, a leading global provider of regulatory affairs consulting services to the life sciences industry, on the sale of the company to business processes and operations provider Genpact Ltd.
- Founder shareholders on the sale of a 50% interest in Hastings Insurance Group to Goldman Sachs for US$1.1 billion and on their involvement in the subsequent IPO for £1.1 billion
- Bregal capital on the MBO of Ideal Stelrad for £230 million.
- Bregal Capital on its disposal of MCi to Egeria for US$240 million (selected byBuyouts Magazine as 2012 “European Deal of the Year”).
- DFJ Esprit on its co-investment with Carlyle in Graze, a UK online food delivery business.
- DTI Capital on the management buy-out of WTG, a specialist provider of Secure Information Systems, operating principally in the Justice and National Security sectors.
- Bregal Capital in connection with the recommended acquisition by Canopius Group Limited of Omega Insurance Holdings Limited.
- Plattform on its acquisition of MJD Consultancy, a UK based education focused advertising agency.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment on the sale of its investment in Shine, the UK based TV production company, to News Corporation.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Advises Omega Healthcare on Its Continued Expansion in the UK April 8, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Founder Shareholders in Connection with Hastings IPO October 14, 2015 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veeva Systems on Industry-Transforming Acquisition of Zinc Ahead September 30, 2015 • Client Successes