Peta Gordon practices in Kaye Scholer’s Complex Commercial Litigation Department. Peta’s practice focuses on litigations arising out of or in connection with complex financial transactions with an emphasis on clients in the financial services sector. Peta has represented banks, private equity and hedge funds, insurers, and their principals in securities and derivative litigation, internal investigations, breach of contract claims, fraudulent transfer and other bankruptcy-related litigations, and partnership disputes in both state and federal court.
Peta is also an active member of the Firm’s Ethics Committee and has been actively involved in several pro bono cases. Most recently, Peta successfully settled an employment discrimination and FLSA suit in the S.D.N.Y. Peta received her undergraduate degree from the University of California, Berkeley and her JD from the UCLA School of Law, where she served as the Chief Article Editor for the UCLA Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs.
- Representation of a former officer and director of AIG in a Martin Act action brought by the New York State Attorney General.
- Representation of a charitable organization in fraudulent inducement and breach of contract claims stemming from a contractual dispute relating to the retention of a fundraising consultant.
- Representation of a hedge fund in an internal investigation relating to its potential FCPA exposure in connection with investments in developing markets.
- Representation of a major financial services companies in fraudulent transfer litigation in connection with the Mervyn’s bankruptcy.
- Representation of the administrative agent of the secured lenders in litigation and investigations relating to the SemGroup bankruptcy.
- Representation of a major financial services company in Enron-related fraud and negligent misrepresentation litigation.
- Representation of a former member of a distressed debt fund in litigation regarding certain tax-deferred assets.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Announces 2016 Partner and Counsel Elevations December 11, 2015 • Firm News
- Kaye Scholer Honored at Legal Aid Society’s 2014 Pro Bono Publico Awards October 8, 2014 • Recognitions
- 117 Lawyers and Legal Assistants Honored for Pro Bono Commitment February 25, 2014 • Recognitions