Andrew Harris is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Private Equity practices.
Andrew’s practice focuses on private equity and private M&A transactions. He has considerable experience in MBOs, MBIs, buy and builds, share and asset purchases, disposals/exits, joint ventures and restructurings. He acts for private equity houses, entrepreneurs, management teams and corporates.
“Highly rated” in Legal 500 and ranked in Chambers UK2016, clients value Andrew for being “extremely commercial,” “very good at getting the deal done” and able to “make decisions quickly—in an industry that is so fast moving, this skill is of the essence.” Andrew is also ranked in the IFLR1000 the 2016 edition as a “Leading Lawyer” in the UK for Private Equity.
Keynote transactions include (i) acting for the founder shareholders on the sale of a 50% interest in Hastings Insurance Group to Goldman Sachs for US$1.1 billion and related IPO for £1.1 billion, (ii) the disposal by Bregal Capital (formerly Englefield Capital) of Mirror Controls International BV (“MCi”) to Egeria for US$240 million (selected by Buyouts Magazine as 2012 “European Deal of the Year”), (iii) the public-to-private of Cox Insurance by Duke Street and Englefield Capital for £430 million and the subsequent disposal to IAG, (iv) the merger of Nycomed AS with Amersham International plc for £3 billion, (v) the investment by Providence Equity in Volia Cable for US$210 million and (vi) the spin-outs of Hg Capital from Merrill Lynch Investment Managers Limited and of Graphite Capital from Hypovereinsbank AG.
- Founder shareholders on the sale of a 50% interest in Hastings Insurance Group to Goldman Sachs for US$1.1 billion and on their involvement in the subsequent IPO for £1.1 billion.
- Acuity Investments in the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Tower Leasing Limited, a leading equipment finance broker in the UK.
- Bregal Capital on its disposal of Morrison Utility Services.
- Bregal Capital on the reorganisation of Cognita, an international private schools group, and the investment in Cognita by funds managed by KKR.
- Bregal Capital in connection with the recommended acquisition by Canopius Group Limited of Omega Insurance Holdings Limited.
- Bregal Capital on its disposal of MCi to Egeria for US$240 million (selected byBuyouts Magazine as 2012 “European Deal of the Year”).
- Bregal capital on the MBO of Ideal Stelrad for £230 million.
- Veeva Systems Inc. in the cash acquisition of Zinc Ahead, a leading provider of content management solutions for life sciences companies, for approximately US$130 million.
In The Market
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Chambers UK 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s London Partners October 28, 2015 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Founder Shareholders in Connection with Hastings IPO October 14, 2015 • Client Successes