Ingrid Kalisch is the managing partner of the Frankfurt office, and a partner and German-qualified corporate finance lawyer in Kaye Scholer’s Finance Group. Ingrid has extensive experience advising both banks and borrowers on a wide range of German and international corporate and structured finance transactions, including acquisition finance, project finance, real estate finance, Schuldschein loans, ECA covered loans, general transactional banking, syndicated and bilateral loan agreements, as well as the restructuring of such transactions. In addition, she has experience in asset-related transactions, and tax efficient and off balance sheet financing. She also advises sellers and purchasers of distressed debt.
A particular focus of her practice is on energy and infrastructure, including the financing of wind energy projects, German federal motorway PPP projects, public buildings and healthcare projects. Ingrid has advised on all aspects of energy and infrastructure projects, from pre-development through to equity injection, construction and long-term financing and operation and management. Clients have included leading lenders (such as commercial and investment banks, development finance institutions, export credit agencies as well as alternative finance providers), sponsors (such as concession and construction companies) and borrowers.
Ingrid is recommended by Chambers, JUVE and Best Lawyers in Germany. Clients value Ingrid for her “broad and deep business knowledge” and her talent for negotiating and finding the right solution for all parties.” She was recognized in Germany by Chambers Global 2013-2015 for “Banking & Finance: Acquisition Finance & Syndicated Lending.”
Recent Representative Matters
- European investment bank in connection with a structured finance facility and a LGTT guaranty facility for the financing of the BAB A5 A-model PPP projects; the transaction won the IFLR2010 “Project Finance Deal of the Year” award.
- Banco Santander in connection with financing of a €500 million sale and lease back transaction.
- Major international bank in connection with several restructurings of a €12 billion acquisition finance and corporate finance transaction as well as the subsequent disposal of its stake in such financing.
- Several arrangers and/or lenders in structured Schuldschein
- NIBC bank and KfW IPEX Bank in connection with the financing of the Potsdam Parliament PPP project.
- MTN in connection with the ECA covered financing for the expansion of its cellular network in Rwanda.
- Leading Canadian Bank on the development of its ECA covered finance program.
In The Market
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Four Frankfurt Partners Recognized by Best Lawyers in Germany June 27, 2016 • Recognitions