Daphne Morduchowitz is a partner in Kaye Scholer’s New York office. Her practice focuses on financial services litigation, white collar defense, and complex commercial litigation. Daphne has extensive experience representing individual officers and directors of large publicly traded corporations in both federal and state courts, as well as in connection with regulatory investigations.
Daphne currently serves as a member of the Pro Bono Advisory Council for New York Lawyers for the Public Interest.
- Former officer and director of AIG in a Martin Act action by the New York State Attorney General. People of the State of New York v. American International Group, Inc., et al. (New York State Supreme Court, New York County) (2005–Present)
- Plaintiff in a defamation action. Maurice R. Greenberg v. Eliot L. Spitzer (New York State Supreme Court, Putnam County) (2013-Present)
- Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. in consolidated shareholder class action litigation in connection with Kenneth Cole’s proposal to acquire all outstanding shares of the company. In Re Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. Shareholder Litigation (New York State Supreme Court, New York County) (2013-2016)
- Former officer and director of AIG in consolidated securities class action litigation. In Re American International Group, Inc. Securities Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) (2005–2013)
- Directors in shareholder derivative litigation. The Huff Alternative Fund, L.P., et al. v. Paul C. Kanovos, et al. (New York State Supreme Court, New York County) (2010–2012)
- Former officer and director of AIG in consolidated derivative litigation. In Re American International Group, Inc. Derivative Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) (2005–2011)
- Former officer and director of AIG in a civil enforcement action commenced by the SEC. Securities and Exchange Commission v. Maurice R. Greenberg and Howard I. Smith (S.D.N.Y.) (2009)
- Former officer and director of AIG in ERISA class action litigation. In Re AIG ERISA Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) (2005–2008)
- Plaintiff in an action asserting constitutional claims and claims under the Religious Land Use & Institutionalized Persons Act (RLUIPA). The Roman Catholic Diocese of Rockville Centre, New York v. The Incorporated Village of Old Westbury (E.D.N.Y.) (2009–Present)
- Current and former officers of rating agency and bank in connection with various government investigations of structured financial products.
- Large pharmaceutical manufacturer in an action brought by venture capitalists alleging securities fraud and common law causes of action.
In The Market
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- Three Partners Named to Benchmark Litigation’s Inaugural “Under 40 Hot List” August 11, 2016 • Recognitions
- Ten Kaye Scholer Practices Recognized, 29 Individuals Cited in Legal 500 US 2016 June 15, 2016 • Recognitions